• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Pet Leveling/Training Questions

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hello all, I have a few pet leveling/training questions I haven't seen answered yet. I'm new to this and thinking about leveling a unicorn as my first just because they're easy to replace if/when I screw it up-just to learn this confusing system. I have a pre-patch nightmare, ww, and dragon I don't want to screw up.

1. Do all pets get 1500 points for each level or does the amount of points vary by animal type?
2. Do all points have to be used at the same time after leveling up a pet or can I use some of the points and then use the remainder later?
3. I saw the rule of thumb is to make stamina/dex 150; when you do this, do the stats immediately go to 150 or is the cap just raised to 150 and then you have to train the pet up?
4. If I want to have a pet train in magery, from the screen shots I've seen posted of the training menu it only shows "Magery Mastery." Does this give the pet the magery skill and Magery Mastery?

Thanks for your help!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. All get 1501 points per level

2. No. But you can not start a new level until they are used. You get an annoying pop-up screen. You can save points and still use the pet.

3. Do it early so you dont forget. Either not max will ruin a pet.

4. The pet either has Magery and Eval or you have to buy those for 1501 points.
Some pets have natural magery, others can only get it when you buy the mastery.
Natural magery does not use teleport like putting the mastery on does. (and theres 1 other difference I forget)

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’ll give this a try. If I’m off or wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

1) As far as I know, all pets get 1501 each round.
2)You can save points to use for later, there are a few that do that in the final round, if they don’t have 120 scrolls. With that said, you will need to use all the points before you can go to the next round of training.
3) Stam and dex will go right to 150. Same for everything else.
4) If the pet has magery, you don’t need to do anything. Personally, I don’t like magery mastery, but I don’t PvP either. Plus they will cast protection is annoying.

On a side note, I’m interested in some unicorn builds myself