• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Gem Question

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My miner on Siege has been digging up perfect emeralds and dark sapphires while on occassional unraveling runs to Ter Mur. I was guesiing that they might be imbuing related but saw no mention when looking at the Imbuing Ingredients Guide earlier this morning - perhaps I missed something.

What are these used for and do they have a value. Thanks.

Jack Nickelson

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These gems (the ones that are larger than regular gems) are Mondains Legacy gems, and are used in crafting ML items (the items you need the recipes from Heartwood for.)

See: http://www.uoguide.com/Gems

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perfect Emeralds currently are sought after for making Knight's War Cleavers out of Valorite and Bronze Runics so that they can be unraveled into Relic Fragments.

Dark Sapphires are sought after for making Twinkling Scimitars. For PvP, people want the ones with 20+ DCI that can be imbued with -20 Mage Weapon and Spell channeling with no minus.

There are other uses for these although people rarely want the other items that can be made with them.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) you forgot to mention one more important one: turquoise.....used to make the famous turquoise ring with 5ssi....when it has non blocking other mods on it you can easy sell it for 20-30m maybe more.....but be warned you need lots of them.....just recently burned through 800 of them and didn't make one usuable, i.e. non blocking one :)

L

longshanks

ecru citrine is sought after for the 50 ep roll as well.