• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gearing up help.

T

truwen1

So this last 3 weeks Ive worked on getting my sorc suit, with some help I finally got it. So now I am wondering what weapons or what not I should try and get. I am looking at the staff of the magi, or other mage weapons.

I am:

Tamer 96.6
Lore 115.0
Vet 102.1
Magery 105.6
Eval int raising...its embarassing right now *snicker.
Meditation 92.2

I havea bonded greater dragon and can kill some things. So any suggestions would be helpful. Also, if I go the staff of magi route is that good, or should I keep a shield + 1hand mage weapon? The staff is nice because it has mage skill -0 and the others I would imagine are good for skilling up? I've only been playing fora bout 4 months so keep that in mind when using abbreviations =) Thanks everyone.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the swords of prosperity. In addition to being a -0 mage weapon, it has significant luck as well.

I have a non-tamer who uses the staff of pyros as well, since they were easier to get my hands on than a staff of the magi.

Jaana's staff also has luck, but you have to have jewels that bring up your magery as well as your taming skills, so I wouldn't really reccomend it.

Or you could use something for the other benifits, like a boom stick for MR3 (LRC not needed with a sorc suit) and just not get attacked.

And if you plan on using a lot of magic, a scrappers or slayer spellbooks could be useful.

T

truwen1

Cool, a guildy offered to make me a scrappers I still have no clue beyond that it is a mage book. I will look for some of the other weapons you suggest. I splurged and bought a staff of the magi, only thing with that is it is a two hander I don't know if that is a big deal though /shrug. I have several spell books, a couple of slayer books, but I am not sure how much magery I will be using for offense to be honest. Do lesser treasures still drop, can I still turn them in for the greaters? If so what do I kill to get them?

S

Shanna

Cool, a guildy offered to make me a scrappers I still have no clue beyond that it is a mage book. I will look for some of the other weapons you suggest. I splurged and bought a staff of the magi, only thing with that is it is a two hander I don't know if that is a big deal though /shrug. I have several spell books, a couple of slayer books, but I am not sure how much magery I will be using for offense to be honest. Do lesser treasures still drop, can I still turn them in for the greaters? If so what do I kill to get them?

If you're going to have a pure tamer, the animal is your weapon. Also, if you are using the Sorc suit, you're LMC is going to be terrible... At places like Melisande and soloing big monsters, vetting and healing with mage is almost mandatory. You'll be out of mana in no time. You might want to carry a Scrappers or a Tome of Lost Knowledge. Also, use a Totem of the Void.

This is all just my opinion from experience :)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:gun:I would highyl suggest Tome of Lost Knowledge gets magery up 15 points
use with the FC Sheild
Add Ornament, and Toem of void
as for a ring get as much LMC you can find - does LMC come on rings :D

You really dont need the sorc suit on a tamer as mentioned your pet is the weapon therefore it should be taking the hits

LMC, and Mana regen are going to be your best freinds SDI also wil be nice when casting a few hits on targets.

have fun using your pets

and good luck

T

truwen1

I have no doubt my pet is my weapon, but there are times that I do take hits, usually while out taming or whatever. Isn't the tome of lost knowlege a tokuno artifact/treasure? Is it hard to get? You guys are saying "use your pets as your weapon." I understand that if I am getting hit I am clearly doing something wrong, normally when I'm set up in a place and hunting normally I don't get hit. But there are those times, and my account is only 4 months old so really I am just trying to figure things out, get a feel for my class and figure out the best template for a tamer. I basically use magery as my means to travel and heal my pet with magery if need be. Other than that I don't know what else I would do for skills.

At any rate, you make some suggestions on items to get, but, as mentioned, I havn't played long and am wondering if they are still obtainable without buying them from other players. Thanks for the info and sorry for the noob questions =)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two greatest Itemizations I have found are these.

Mage -0 Weapons. I use Swords of Prosperity. These dramatically affect how often you get hit.

Defensive Chance Increase (caped at 45%) This again dramatically affects how often you get hit.

Getting hit = dieing.

Not getting hit - Living.