• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gazebo

• Thread starter imported_Wetherlocke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Wetherlocke

Anyone have pictures of gazebos? I wasn't sure what to do with the roof of my tavern (because I'm roof-tile illiterate), so instead I was going to do a few things like building a gazebo or two, placing a few benches and plants around. Is it weird to have grass tiles on a roof? Not the whole roof, just small areas for plants. Is it odd to have a fountain up there, too? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

I

imported_Dragon Mist

I did a gazebo for a keep that might give you an idea of something to do on you place. Here are a few pics.

This is the top of the gazebo on black gozas to make it easier to see.

How the top of the gazebo looks without the gozas.

How the gazebo looks once you walk under it.

The down side to this design is that it took between 150 & 175 lockdowns. There are ways to accomplish this using some walls and arches that will lesson the number of lockdowns.

This is another one I helped my wife construct that uses very few lockdowns.

These houses are located on the baja shard. The second house is located in the ring of houses around the outside of Luna to the north west corner of the city. There is a runebook at this house with a rune to Fellowship Hall where the other gazebo is located.

I

imported_Wetherlocke

Wow, the first one seemed like a lot of work. Nice job. Thankfully mine is a custom house so I can take advantage of arches. I think mine will turn out to be something like the second picture... arches with vines, some benches (either wooden, or the elven ones) placed around either a fountain or a flowerbed. I just wish I had room to do it on the bottom level so I could place a little roof on top of the arches. I'm also not sure whether the fountain will go on the roof with the gazebo, or in the small garden area on the bottom floor.

G

For an octangonal custom home gazebo you can use the special 'round' walls for stone, I'd use the ones that face you for the front and back and then the ones that face to either side for the sides, then for the regular walls inbetween them use some of the ML arches. Does that make sense? Still can't do the screenshot thing, hehe.

G

Here's an asian style gazebo on a pond, not on roof tops but still applyable there

Didnt have a closeup pic for the gazebo but this house still stands in Formosa and not far north from luna city.

And no it isnt wierd to have a roof top garden even with fountains, it's my fav kind of houses which I plan to build sometime tho

G

That is so lovely. I'm very fond of Asian style, gazebos, especially with ponds.

G

Wow...I love that house. Especially the pink tree! Great job!

G

Damn, creative people like you make me feel inadequate! LOL, that is beautiful.