• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Gate warning

Do you want to remove gate warnings from Siege?

• Total voters

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Whenever I try (well, most of times) to enter a gate, it prompts a warning. I wonder why is the warning even needed if all facets keep the Felucca ruleset. Also gate warning sometimes prompts when it doesn't lead onto Felucca. Is it even needed and why?

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I try (well, most of times) to enter a gate, it prompts a warning. I wonder why is the warning even needed if all facets keep the Felucca ruleset. Also gate warning sometimes prompts when it doesn't lead onto Felucca. Is it even needed and why?
If you have the hiding skill or are gating from your house, you can hide after the message and be hidden after you go through. Sometimes its nice to be able to get your bearings when gating places, especially on Siege.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well, why not then let hidden people use the gates, and remove the annoying warning completely? I actually think that doubleclicking the gate doesn't remove the hidden state, though it is to be yet tested.
So why to keep the useless (except for purpose of hiding beforehand) feature when it's so annoying and always gets in the way? On Siege, no place is safe, so no gate is safe as well.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, why not then let hidden people use the gates, and remove the annoying warning completely? I actually think that doubleclicking the gate doesn't remove the hidden state, though it is to be yet tested.
So why to keep the useless (except for purpose of hiding beforehand) feature when it's so annoying and always gets in the way? On Siege, no place is safe, so no gate is safe as well.
I don't know, I've always figured there were more important things that needed to be fixed.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sure, but this for some reason angers me a lot. It's a thing that should be fixed quickly not because of its emergency, but because it makes the gameplay more annoying and less enjoyable for players.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, but this for some reason angers me a lot. It's a thing that should be fixed quickly not because of its emergency, but because it makes the gameplay more annoying and less enjoyable for players.
It's part of playing on Siege. There is a lot of "bleed-over" from prodo shards and no one cares enough about Siege to fix that kind of thing. Most of the changes that have come our way have been forced upon us or required seemingly endless begging for a little love. When we have their attention, we usually opt to get the most bang for our buck.

I especially love the "You have just entered a PvP area" message that pops up in certain areas. Hell, all of Siege is a PvP area! You can turn that off in options, but its just stupid, although mildly amusing, that it pops up here at all.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that they're dumb, but I also know that I would've died more than a few times if I hadn't been able to hide before entering a gate. I have a compulsive need to find out what is on the other side of any gate that I come across. These days it isn't so bad, but a while back, we used to have people that would cast gates into deathtrap spots. Those trips were rarely fun.

Can I choose option #3 - Undecided, they can be useful/dumb?

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Prehide being the only one useful moment in that. They could just allow you to prehide and doubleclick the gate, or remove this unintended ability. Nonfunctionimg of recalls of any kind just makes these messages far more frustrating.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I actually like it when I see that message, it means the 10 or more "your spirit lacks the cohesion for gate travel at this time"s are finally over

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually like it when I see that message, it means the 10 or more "your spirit lacks the cohesion for gate travel at this time"s are finally over
you need to wait for the sound of the spell to stop before you try clicking on the gate. that is what the Great and Powerful Petra told me to do back many years ago. haven't had any problems with "cohesion" since.

Reactions: Kat

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just count to 3 and then take the gate. usually works out fine. :bdrink:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too try the "wait till the sound stops" method. It works most of the time, but if I'm gating to a fish quest, re-entering the gate long after the song has stopped, and I still get that annoying message. Since besides walking, it's our only mode of self transportation, they really need to fix it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've made a post in the bug forum regarding this. I know for a fact that this was fixable prior to this latest patch because I accidentally clicked on it. Hopefully this will get fixed soon, trying to be a nice guy I turned it on last night and sure enough, can't turn the effing thing off. By the way, does @Kyronix ing help it get noticed sooner ? :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Save a kitten! Walk there. You could boat there or use public transportation. Everyone should get out more.

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hehe that thing really annoy you :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I like your attitude. *nods*

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, because the gate warning message is what the developers should really spend their time on *rolls eyes* ...la

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gate warnings are bizarre in that everyone who logs on to Siege knows that they can be killed about anywhere. It slows travel down. Just my thoughts...I got a tamer who is at 116 months and this feature has never been more than a pain the ass to either him or any of the wwyrms or dragons that run with him.

Jack Nickelson

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gate warnings are there to prevent me from casting gates on the other side of doors that will transport people to Murder Island.

"Hello Mister Tailor, I've brought you some BO---"
*portpoof*
"AHHH! SOLEN ACID! IT'S IN MY EYES! MY FACE! MY BEAUTIFUL FAAAAAACE!"
"OooOoo"

Damn devs. Is it too much to ask to just be able to transport anybody at will to an isolated location where unimaginable horrors can be visited upon them at my leisure?

IS IT?!

It's all been downhill ever since they made it so you couldn't guardwhack the innocent with provocation, or dismount as a red to let an AoE attack hit your innocent mount in a guardzone. Staying alive was a privilege in those days, not some sort of nambla-pamby right like the kids of today have!

*wanders off muttering about the good ol' days of anarchy*

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Please remove your above post before potential voters read through it carefully. You might be scaring people from the only one right choice to remove the gate warnings.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would seem to be more efficient to delete the alternate poll answers.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think gate warnings should be extended to the doors of private homes.

"Are you sure you wish to exit the safety of your house? Bad men with sticks could be out there."

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Marisa, last night for whatever reason, when I gated to my orc ship prior to launching a little devastation, I was prompted by the gump that I knew I had seen before. It said you are about to enter a consentual pvp zone, etc etc. One of the options was "Dont show this message again", once you click on that, the Enable PvP Warning will return to your context menu, and you'll no longer see those warnings on every gate you enter. Not sure what made the fix gump appear last night. I had gated TO my boat in feluccan waters many times and never got it before. Weird..

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have already disabled the pvp warning on myself somehow. The gate warnings still appear (do you wish to step into the moongate?). They must be removed by default for everyone.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the Warnings, they give me something to read while drooling all over myself.