• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gate Spell

C

Calliope

My guildmate has GM magery but low Eval (about 30) and tonight his gates lasted about one second before disappearing. We thought perhaps it was because his Eval was low, but I tried with my GM mage fisherman who has no Eval at all and his gates lasted the normal length of time.

Any idea what the problem is?

R

Richtor Darkbane

This used to be a problem about 6-7 years ago for me, I noticed when gating to a spot near my home the gate would only last for about a second and disappear.

The problem for me turned out to be where my rune was marked, on a hill, or strange part of the terrain, once i marked a different spot the gate worked just fine, but I haven't seen this in ages. Try marking the rune in a different spot and see what happens.

Hope this helps,
-Richtor Darkbane

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem for me turned out to be where my rune was marked, on a hill, or strange part of the terrain, once i marked a different spot the gate worked just fine,
This has happened to me a few times as well, mostly when trying to gate to a house, when the rune is marked right beside the house.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Happens to me often when my mate and myself gate to the same spot at the same time, only one of our gates will stick the other will come up and poof!

G

Gwendar-SP

I think it is called LAG. I moved to Siege to escape that - it rarely happens to me there. Am always amazed when folks push for consolidating shards since a big cause of lag is population.

Have him check it in a low pop area early in the morning after server up when few are on. There can be huge amounts of lag 1-2 hours before server down due to the backup system. During that period I had problems gating or recalling from anywhere on Great Lakes.

T

The Home Guild

This used to be a problem about 6-7 years ago for me, I noticed when gating to a spot near my home the gate would only last for about a second and disappear.

The problem for me turned out to be where my rune was marked, on a hill, or strange part of the terrain, once i marked a different spot the gate worked just fine, but I haven't seen this in ages. Try marking the rune in a different spot and see what happens.

Hope this helps,
-Richtor Darkbane
he is correct...if you mark next to your steps or house you'll be able to recall in np at all but gating will cause it to last 2 secs.. have him/her remark rune away from home and try once more.

C

Calliope

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'll pass it on and we'll see.