• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gate fighting proposal!

Bryon Frost

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I propose everyone starts picking Yew gate to pvp. No server line, there is a guard zone but a longer run to other guard areas for good field pvp and not server line crossing and guard running.

I admit I take advantage of the areas while gate fighting in Brit in gank situations but overall Yew is just a better and more fun place to gate fight.

I

imported_JoO

2 reasons that wont work.

A. Like you mentioned no server line.
B. It makes too much sense.

that makes it....INCONCEIVABLE

M

Madchild

i gate fight at yew on a few other shards im happy stayin in brit on sonoma sure a GZ is a touch closer and there is that damned server line .

but on the shards i pvp at yew on the lag is horrid there is more room for housing at yew making the lag at time 10 times worse then brit .

also it gives the temptation for even the most seasoned vet to run for a house some guilds have up to 5 houses at the gate and they just run from door to door

O

OptPrime

<blockquote><hr>

i gate fight at yew on a few other shards im happy stayin in brit on sonoma sure a GZ is a touch closer and there is that damned server line .

but on the shards i pvp at yew on the lag is horrid there is more room for housing at yew making the lag at time 10 times worse then brit .

also it gives the temptation for even the most seasoned vet to run for a house some guilds have up to 5 houses at the gate and they just run from door to door

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why guilds should go to wrong to fight.. no guardzone.. open area.. and for you chicken**** guilds with nothing but numbers.. you can pop into the dungeon and hold a choke point (Fl).

Stop being spineless and relying on serverlines and guardzones everywhere.

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

[/ QUOTE ]

This should read:

also it gives the temptation for even the most seasoned COP/MOO to run for a house some guilds have up to 5 houses at the gate and they just run from door to door

Househiding and serverlining is in the COP training manual for PvP which is why they won't leave brit gate even though they have 3-4 houses at Yew.

Bryon Frost

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said just as far as gate fighting. Everyone would rather fight in dungeons or outside them but when you wanna just find a quick fight I would rather do it at yew than brit.

M

Madchild

ham i have yet to see this traing book i didnt know cop/moo/mofo had houses at yew .

and a lot of my training has happened in cop yes but the basics came from ppl now in FL and hmm oh some people in waka ya start where ya start and thats where i started.

as for yew its plain ugly and why the hell should we be like every other shard

G

Don't blame your guilds bad pvp style on anyone in Waka. When Cop hits the server line I have to let up because it makes me so dizzy I about vomit. I know the same goes for Ronin.

As for fighting at Yew, Yep tried that, what I seen was cop run into 6 houses right around Yew gate. Yeah Waka has 1 house that I think we finally got accessed to at the end of the night.

But all in all, I'd say Yew 100 times better then Brit. But Dsp is still #1.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sac up allready!

why dont you go to Mag and play.
HUGE area, NO GZ

just open ground to play.
and no house fighting.

heck, for that matter we could allways go back to bucs, hahahhaha, then we could actually have a bank near by.

I

imported_JoO

Im not sure who ham is but its funny he keeps referring to a manual when we actually looted something very similar to that off KMS not too long ago. Ill dig it out and post some snippets from it they are quite hillarious. It is mostly COP guild policy and like guild meeting minutes it was like 4 books full of comedy gold. ALWAYS KILL MEMBERS WHO PARTICIPATED IN A SPAWN AFTER THE SPAWN TO MAKE SURE THEY ARENT HIDING ANY SCROLLS.. That was a memorable one, made me laugh Im glad I haven't played with people who have made me wonder if they were holding out in a very very long time.

G

We tried bucs a week ago...Didn't work out to well, More server lines more choke points, AND FL went pirate on our a$$.

Oh and yeah with the Cop manual, lets think about this; Kill everyone who parts in a spawn to make sure they aren't hiding any scrolls....Well now that one person who gets to sit and kill all those guildmates...walks away with how much insurance? I know I know its just insurance but your own guildmates running off with all that gold. And when I was on my stealther/thief a few times, It was always Kms with the 5's and 10's stats, Before we even killed a harry he'd bring like 5 of those scrolls in with him. When I approached him about it, He said leftovers from the harry before......
Yeah right.

A

Alistor

As far as I know, nobody in our alliance has killed anyone else after a spawn to "check" for scrolls... usually we keep what we get after we're done killing the champ/harry...

Most of the time, we'll give scrolls to guildies who need them for their toons, unless we need them ourselves...

Of course, I am not around 100% of the time to witness EVERYTHING that goes on, so unless someone from the alliance can verify this so-called "rulebook" I'm just gonna believe it to be a rumor...

alistor (COP)

P.S. We should stop fighting amongst ourselves.

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Sadchild or whoever you are (I heard you were Simpson), but I used to be in the COP alliance when it was COP/EFL/*P*/KQ so I know a little bit bout what I am talking bout. I used to be in teamspeak when they brought in new people and heard what they told them. And I don't remember the EXACT words but the questionaire about getting into COP pretty much amounted to one question: Do you have a pulse? KMS is an okay guy but hes always stressed quantity over quality for COP. You sure speak a lot for COP and MOO when it appears you know very little. If you don't know that MOO/COP has 4 houses within 2 screens of the moongate at Yew, you obviously aren't in the loop. Secondly, if you learned anything from anyone in WAKA, it definitely was NOT how ugly the place is to determine where to fight. LOL

M

Madchild

i dont fight at yew therefor i dont know abt the houses on sonoma and dont care to they say "fight at yew " i say "good luck i have 300 bods to pass in".

thats one old ass book ya found there , there hasnt been a meeting where the mins where loged in months and ive never been killed by guild mates to check for scrolls . COP does keep what ya kill a roll is only done when thoses involved agree to all be on blus and to protect .

hahahaha ham your right i didnt learn to judge pvp spots on how nice they look from waka .

and i didnt learn abt the server line from anyone in cop i got that from chasing ppl accross it .

and freya im not blaming any fault COP may have in its tactics on anyone in waka i didnt thats did not say COP learned from FL and WAKA i said I did and trust me waka and FL dont wonna brag that up cuz i SUCK :p

as a lil note here ill point out i pvp at yew on PAC and the 2 other shards i play on ...sonoma pvpin at brit is part of what makes the shard different i dont think that we should change our ways to make invaders feel at home .they came here they can own us on our terf .

T

Trinsauce

Dude seriously... Ever hear of the term Run on sentences??? Knock it off noone can understand a thing u say... seriously

T

TrustMeInc

Yew is lame.
Too many houses and all people do is run around them and use them to hide.

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

Too many houses and all people do is run around them and use them to hide.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hysterical coming from you.