• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Gasp* a Newbie? In MY UO?!

Grimbanks

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's more likely than you think!

Hello, I come from a very strange background with UO, and I officially only started playing yesterday, UO wasn't so much as part of my life, but it was kinda always there sitting on the sidelines. I Briefly played on a privet RP ever back in 2002 I think it was, but I never got anywhere with that character, none of my stats exceeded 33% all I did was josh around.

I always was fascinated with Ultima as a entity, I played just about all of the single player games ( with the obvious exclusion of Ultima 8 and 9 , I followed Ultima lore factions philosophies and events from the bench, watching game new sites in a same manner I read newspapers. And then just last week I heard that Lord Blackthorn was crowned king, " What? My favourite character became the ruler of Britannia? AND I MISSED THE CORONATION?!" A torrent of rich and juicy cusses followed soon after, which in the aftermath left me wondering where did I even learn to swear like that.

Bottom line, clueless newbie on the scene! I joined up Atlantic since I heard it's the place to go for RP. I' am currently in the process of running around in ringmail and bating pigs over the head with sword... ADVENTURE!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bottom line, clueless newbie on the scene! I joined up Atlantic since I heard it's the place to go for RP. I' am currently in the process of running around in ringmail and bating pigs over the head with sword... ADVENTURE!
Hello and welcome! Are you enjoying it so far then?

Just shout if you need anything, myself and I'm sure plenty of others will be more than willing to help you get started.

Grimbanks

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So far so wierd, I can't get over the fact you can buy magic items for as cheap as ten thousand gold pieces...

Also it apears that even thou I bought Stygian Abyss I can't pply it to my current trial... I need to make a new account :(

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually you can call customer service and have them to remove the free trial account status from the account now and then apply the code. Or you can just ride out the free time and then apply the code when you activate the account.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also it apears that even thou I bought Stygian Abyss I can't pply it to my current trial... I need to make a new account :(
Are you still using a free trial or have you paid a monthly subscription?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
He bought the Stygian Abyss new account + 30 days code.
That one can't be applied to an existing account. :(

I've made the same mistake several months ago and had to create a new account using that code to be able to use it.
The two weeks of training I've done with the trial account were wasted.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys for coming to the topic to help out. I had the feeling my advice wasn't up to par. :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor