• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Garreth/Frootloop

G

Gar LS

Its been around 7 years since I have played UO and im really thinking about coming back. I really do miss the game and was wondering if it was even worth coming back for.

I hear LS is pretty much dead as are most of he shards any scoop.

I played back in the day and was in RD, KoA, short stent in EE years before trammel was even created..

Myth Elves!!!! :) I see you!

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey bro, I sent ya a message. Give me a call. I'm on Atl with Anestasia. We were just talking about u last week when I found waffens aos clothing. The games not bad I guess. I always find my way back and it's like riding a bike as far as pvp goes. Before I left for Atl I logged on Disco Stu, destroyed LS and got bored as no one logged in much. I have the eenbeekay account and u can use that to try the game out if ud like.

C

Cheepareap

I've just re-activated my UO account last night. Ive been back and forth for several years and just couldnt stay active. I was formally known as "Virus" on LS. I was in NBK for the longest time. My buddy Jaden Jinn and I both re-activated last night to see how things look. Lake Superior is DEAD! tons of housing spots available.. banks seem dead, no population. From looking at uo.com the largest LS guild is in the 80's.. Atlantic has a a guild of over 400+. If I'm trying to make a comeback to UO would it be best to move to Atlantic? I know a lot has probably changed in the PvP world and I would like to get back into the swing of things.. Might even have to attempt to play a mage :wall:...

Any suggestions?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just re-activated my UO account last night. Ive been back and forth for several years and just couldnt stay active. I was formally known as "Virus" on LS. I was in NBK for the longest time. My buddy Jaden Jinn and I both re-activated last night to see how things look. Lake Superior is DEAD! tons of housing spots available.. banks seem dead, no population. From looking at uo.com the largest LS guild is in the 80's.. Atlantic has a a guild of over 400+. If I'm trying to make a comeback to UO would it be best to move to Atlantic? I know a lot has probably changed in the PvP world and I would like to get back into the swing of things.. Might even have to attempt to play a mage :wall:...

Any suggestions?
Your best bet to find active an pvp shards is head to ATL, or GL. The shards are even good for pvm...since there's still a population on those shards.

C

Cheepareap

Yeah, I'm going to start a character on ATL tonight after I get home from work. I figure the best bet to get back into the game would be some sort of Archer or a Mage. I'll start a crafter too probably.. since thats what I intended on doing.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im assuming LS is dead!
For the most part. There's still some BSR/FVQ running around. Also FATE is making a small come back, and there's some AGO! out and about.

The two biggest problems with the PvP on LS is fights arn't frequent, and the pvp quality is very low. The two most skilled pvp guilds OMG,kong, and !OF! hardly play UO let a lone LS when they do log online.

Another problem with LS is, half the guilds don't attempt to fight unless they have numbers. But, then again I'm a little biased since I'm an !OF! member,lol.

In all honesty though, if you're looking for quality pvp Atl is the best shard to go.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sup Virus.... Shoot me an icq. I'm on ATL with a few players in factions.
Old School LS is the guild name. Ranked #9 ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Community

ICQ 402886

I can help get u going over there bro. I know a few really good brokers if u need more.
Bounty has Disco Stu over there but doesnt get on much. Let Jaden know.

I

IRS

Wow.. the names mythril (uof?) .. jaded.. virus.... the all nighters mickey nox an the infamous NBK would pull.. I used to run w/ p-squared an da-snake before joining up w/ spyder in RAV. man those were the days.. an the fights at the SL base were legendary! lol teamspeak an roger wilco come to mind.. an the dreaded days of dialup

C

Cheepareap

Yeah man, Old School UO was the best. I wish EA would make a sever thats all 100% pre-pub16. That would be SICK!

I

IRS

Yeah a shard w/out the glass sword! They are good.. I was keeping in touch til about a month ago.. last I knew they were taking a break from wow and starting again on Lake Austin. Havent heard from scoob in forever.. When I first started I remember being in awe watching Reefer Madness at yew gate lol

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who did you play in RAV. I was in RAV too with a mage. Alfred Pilatus (before i sold that acct to some horrible noob)

Let me get their ICQ's btw. I'd like to play on LA with them. It was the tightest group ive ever been part of outside of UOF. Not nearly as skilled pvping as some of the great mages but they worked hard and did factions the way factions should be done. Because of them i still have a love for factions and have yet to find anyone else that see's factions the way i see it,.

I

IRS

Who did you play in RAV. I was in RAV too with a mage. Alfred Pilatus (before i sold that acct to some horrible noob)

Let me get their ICQ's btw. I'd like to play on LA with them. It was the tightest group ive ever been part of outside of UOF. Not nearly as skilled pvping as some of the great mages but they worked hard and did factions the way factions should be done. Because of them i still have a love for factions and have yet to find anyone else that see's factions the way i see it,.
I played a faction theif named "hehe" and a mage named "death junkie" . I lost my old icq on the other computer.. if I can get it working Ill get you the icqs.. I believe its Spyder, Athena, Vivaine (smur) and a few others that played then, cant think of their char names on LS tho.

I

IRS

been ok.. work 3-11 so not much playing time.. miss the pre-aos days =(

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pre AoS roxxers Age of Shadows

Man i got the jump on that and created about 30 characters names Pre AoS haha. I cant find a pair of those sandals now to save my life.

I'm back on LS now btw guys. Hit me up on icq. 402886

Casca_The_Immortal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
been ok.. work 3-11 so not much playing time.. miss the pre-aos days =(
Play siege if you miss pre-aos. **** is the same, it's dead but if a few players that were actually good started playing I'd bet some others would. I stopped playing siege a few years ago it turned into a stealthing tamer all kill shard :p

Penana Car

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been around 7 years since I have played UO and im really thinking about coming back. I really do miss the game and was wondering if it was even worth coming back for.

I hear LS is pretty much dead as are most of he shards any scoop.

I played back in the day and was in RD, KoA, short stent in EE years before trammel was even created..

Myth Elves!!!! :) I see you!
I remember you. Thanks for bringing up those old guild names, refreshing good memories. I used to beat on you at the KoA tournaments in the KoA town by Trinsic as well.

Daragon / Kurzon

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I logged on UO, killed alot of people and got bored. Probably keep playing that way forever lol.

Going to play swtor