• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Garnering Interest: Snow Ridgeback (EM MADE - [1]) & "I Kill Because I Care" (1)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has been awhile since I had my massive sell off, but have a few items that I kept in my possession.

I'd like to gauge public interest in both of these items to see if there is any interest in them. Both are, IMO, some of the most unique items that have been made by EM's to date.

Some history on the Snow Ridgeback:

It was made for the opening of the Brit Fairgrounds on Catskills, either by Mesanna or by EM Kasaven (retired now). It was the only one made and to my knowledge the only EM made, ridable, player owned pet.
This pet is legal and if it were to change hands, Mesanna would attach the ID # of this pet to your account.

History on the spellbook:

"I Kill Because I Care" is the only spellbook made by Mesanna for her "event" on Catskills. I was very fortunate to have bought, traded, bartered for a huge number of the items from this event. At one time, I owned 13 of the items from the event, including the infamous Void Rock. Even though I really enjoyed owning all of those items, I always knew I'd hold on to this spellbook til the bitter end. I really love it and I consider it right up there with the "rock" in desirability!

So, if there is anyone that wants to see or talk about these items more, please ICQ or PM me. These are high end items, that aren't often seen for sale anymore.

Thanks for reading :thumbsup:

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very kool items! i have belonged to this site for what i think is quite awhile. i am not very active as far as buying. i mainly just surf and just enjoy the rares i see come and go and just try and keep up with the current prices. alot of these items are out of my reach. the majro rare dealers always have a leg up and the means to aquire unique items. as a 13 year vet i only dream of owning a truly rare item. but i have always had a fetish for named spellbooks. lol. all that being said i was wondering if you had a price on the book. i dont really have any idea of how much something like that would sell for but i would never forgive my self if i didnt ask. i mean dont get me wrong i have gold but i am not super rich and i have a few items but nothing major. was wondering if it was remotly possible of working out a deal for the "necro book". just let me know either way, if you would be so kind. good luck with your sale and one again........very kool items!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as the book goes I would guess it would be 400M+ and to a certain type of collector I would say they would go allot higher. As far as what I would pay I will keep that to myself as sometimes I place a value allot different than other collectors.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have quite a few messages on my PM here on Stratics, but there has been a "database error" all morning.

Sorry if I have not responded, you can still reach me with any questions at my ICQ # that is in the signature below.

Thanks

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont have ICQ due to my computor being stupid and wont allow it, But did you get my PM?

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, Alex I got one and responded, not sure if you sent a second message.

Sorry for the inconvenience but 'tis life and selling on Stratics...

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I would value the book at a minimum of 750 million, based on the following:

* Unique Item
* Rare Hue (Abyssal)
* Necromancer Spellbook

If we were still collecting rare books and had an interest in buying it, I would likely be willing to pay more than 750 million for it.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In response to a dozen or so ICQ messages and PM's, I have decided to put a buyout of 1 billion on the "I Kill Because I Care" book. I have had some crazy offers for the Ridgeback, but none that I deem acceptable at this time.

First one to the buyout wins the book!

Good luck and thanks!

"I Kill Because I Care" - 1 Billion B/O

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
:drool: @ the Snow Ridgeback.

Would love to know what the price is.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Manticore...

Great broker-free trade :)

@Bon Iver: I wish I knew what the appropriate price was, but I just keep thinking this might be the most unique item in UO. I know some will always go back to the Void Rock I sold, but this one is just so far out there... I dunno, it's going to have to be a big number.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i dont know what that big number is so ill just throw one out there :)
Ill bid 350mil for the Ridgeback.

One question: What is this ID # you were talking about on the 1rst post?

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I turned down a bid of 1 B for the ridgeback via ICQ, so if that gives you some "scale" ;)

The ID# is the reference ID that the pet has. It is unique number and it can be assigned to the owner's account. This is used in case someone were to page a GM on you, thinking you had an "illegal pet" and that way the GM would see the ID on your account and know it was legally owned.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*yikes* ok thx for the info. Good luck with the sale. Its an AWESOME event item/creatue to own. Im jealous of you and the next owner to have it!!

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Manticore...

Great broker-free trade :)

@Bon Iver: I wish I knew what the appropriate price was, but I just keep thinking this might be the most unique item in UO. I know some will always go back to the Void Rock I sold, but this one is just so far out there... I dunno, it's going to have to be a big number.
it is a very kool pet. but not the most unique item in game:scholar:

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for your opinion.

To each his own, I suppose.

I owned the Void Rock, Mesanna's 1 of 1 spellbook , and around a dozen other 1 of 1 Mesanna items + countless Regular EM items....

And THIS is what I think is the best of what I had in my collection because it was NEVER meant to be owned.

But, again, to each his own.

Still have it, probably will go down with UO in my stable :)

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your opinion.

To each his own, I suppose.

I owned the Void Rock, Mesanna's 1 of 1 spellbook , and around a dozen other 1 of 1 Mesanna items + countless Regular EM items....

And THIS is what I think is the best of what I had in my collection because it was NEVER meant to be owned.

But, again, to each his own.

Still have it, probably will go down with UO in my stable :)
How does one go about getting Mesanna's 1 out of 1s.... other then buying? Did she actually just hand them all to you or what? Guess I wasn't around during that time or something or never on LS.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course she didn't hand them to me... That's crazy.

It was a very long event, MANY MANY über monsters were spawned by Mesanna. On each attackers loot table there was a chance for a special hued book that had a number assigned to it. If you got a book, you won the prize that matched your book number.

I either bought the books, or the prize after it was won OR over the next few months traded aggressively from my museum to get the items she made on my home shard.

This isn't an uncommon way to go about acquiring em items. At the time, I had a huge Musuem with items from about every shard. After her event on cats, I held no item in esteem unless it was a Cats item so I used any and every item I had to leverage my collection to be the best Musuem of Catskills items.

I had a highlighted list and at one point I owned something like 40% of all em items from our shards history. Under one roof. :)

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and by the way, I'm virtually retired now. Pardon the pun.

What little I have left is for sale :)

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course she didn't hand them to me... That's crazy.

It was a very long event, MANY MANY über monsters were spawned by Mesanna. On each attackers loot table there was a chance for a special hued book that had a number assigned to it. If you got a book, you won the prize that matched your book number.

I either bought the books, or the prize after it was won OR over the next few months traded aggressively from my museum to get the items she made on my home shard.

This isn't an uncommon way to go about acquiring em items. At the time, I had a huge Musuem with items from about every shard. After her event on cats, I held no item in esteem unless it was a Cats item so I used any and every item I had to leverage my collection to be the best Musuem of Catskills items.

I had a highlighted list and at one point I owned something like 40% of all em items from our shards history. Under one roof. :)
Ah, very cool. Hell, I was happy to finally have the Mesanna Roulette on my shard (Not to mention be ON UO when it happened). Don't happen to have any EM Zombie items still avail, do ya? Guessing no, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks friend... I must admit, every time I run over to the Brit Fairgrounds on Cats, I chuckle when I see the empty pen...

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a display or list of these items you still have left to sell?

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am on the road but will get my house on Cats back to public as soon as I get back from this trip.