• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyles Need More Melee Weapons

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've got throwing which takes place of archery. But other melee skills need more weapon choices. There's only a few so far.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This few?

Gargish Bardiche
Gargish Bone Harvester
Gargish Butcher Knife
Gargish Cleaver
Gargish Daisho
Gargish Katana
Gargish Scythe
Gargish Talwar
Glass Sword
Stone War Sword
Dual Short Axes
Gargish Axe
Gargish Battle Axe
Gargish Gnarled Staff
Gargish Maul
Gargish Tessen
Gargish War Hammer
Glass Staff
Serpentstone Staff
Bloodblade
Dual Pointed Spear
Gargish Kryss
Gargish Lance
Gargish Pike
Gargish Tekagi
Gargish War Fork
Shortblade

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Demz got uhlot ob pointy tingz too fight wif; wut demz needz iz clothez to cober dem ugly selvez. Demz have da option ob uh robe or uh robe dat showz dere legz. Meez tired ob demz flapppiez flappin kauze meez seen tingz meez can neber unsee. (Demz uh little high - meez uh little short - EEEEK!) Iffn dey can wear da armor, den dey can wear uh shirt und PANTZ!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone even use a Garg for a combat skill other than throwing?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They dress from the 80s. Short shorts and open chest with a big medallion.

upload_2018-1-27_12-38-46.png

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they had a sword weapon equal to the radiant scimitar, and which a radiant scimitar could be altered into.
I also wish that the Darkwood, Aloron, and Darden armor suits could be altered to gargoyle.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does anyone even use a Garg for a combat skill other than throwing?
I originally wanted to, but race changed for many reasons. The other hole in the melee garg is the lack of a armored swamp dragon or equivalent.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the lack of a armored swamp break the class for no-ranged, and the nerf to hci too.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The real problem with gargoyles is they are supposed to be very strong. But heck they are total wimps compared to a human. And all their weapons weigh a ton!

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 120 Macer garg I seldom play and my Thrower on another account has fence and sword and parry 120 soul-stoned if I ever felt the need to play something different.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to mention they can't even wear mining gloves... they don't get 1/2 the bonus's to many things that the other races do...

Even as a tamer they are outclassed by most others the only time it's good to be a gargoyle tamer is when using non-ridable 5 slot pets but now many other pets are better so the field is unbalanced for them there as well.. they don't have the luxury of hopping on the pet and riding out of danger.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where Gargs shine is flying and as tamers/mystics that can keep mounted speeds with 5 slot pets and summons. And as tamers only a benefit with non ridable pets.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say just give Humans the ability to hold a Boomerang.......you know because its not like we dont have Chainmail gloves.
Let's goto war with the Gargs and wipe them out. End of problem then ;)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I say just give Humans the ability to hold a Boomerang.......you know because its not like we dont have Chainmail gloves.
Let's goto war with the Gargs and wipe them out. End of problem then ;)
I'm going to sick my phoenix on u lol

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not to mention they can't even wear mining gloves... they don't get 1/2 the bonus's to many things that the other races do...

Even as a tamer they are outclassed by most others the only time it's good to be a gargoyle tamer is when using non-ridable 5 slot pets but now many other pets are better so the field is unbalanced for them there as well.. they don't have the luxury of hopping on the pet and riding out of danger.
This is a good reason to tone down rideable pets. It would make gargoyles relevant again.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never made a gargoyle character. I find them so ugly.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like the uniqueness of them. I wish I could make them more viable though. Also, Gargoyles the cartoon. LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well it always bothered me that Humans/Elves can change their hair color and wear really customized haircolors but Gargoyles can't get their horns painted?????

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean really......they can build ocean going ships but we cannot hold a flipping bigger Throwing star (that we can already hold) .....

We can master the secrets of the Elves race and even master the Mystic arts of the Gargoyles.......
.....but we cannot throw a pointy bit of metal?
Please excuse me while i go drag my knuckles across the floor some more while walking...... :/

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they just need more stuff to be alterable.

Most of the good artifacts arent alterable, specifically those from shadowguard.
Armor is not simply alterable, some can, some cant, mostly depends on which direction the piece faces, others just flat out cant be. its mind numbing. I think gargoyles would be used much more evenly if the suits werent so difficult to piece together because of this.

As far as throwing, the sweet spot hci/dmg reduction stuff just over complicates things.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Most of the good artifacts arent alterable, specifically those from shadowguard.
Armor is not simply alterable, some can, some cant, mostly depends on which direction the piece faces, others just flat out cant be. its mind numbing. I think gargoyles would be used much more evenly if the suits werent so difficult to piece together because of this.

As far as throwing, the sweet spot hci/dmg reduction stuff just over complicates things.
I've always maintained and still insist that we ought to be able to alter anything into any other item that occupies the same slot.... it should maintain the same properties but it should be able to be altered...

I can't figure out for the life of me why we can't do that. Does not matter what it was originally... A floppy hat should be able to be turned into a bandana or a helmet... so long as it maintains the properties of that floppy hat... what it looks like in appearance should not matter. If a gargoyle wanted to wear it then it ought to be able to be altered into some sort of gargish necklace... or Gargish earings... But that's me.

Did not know @Petra Fyde they finally made the gloves alterable... it would seem to me that they need to do more of that. Like I said you ought to be able to alter anything... the idea that I can take something and make it wearable by a Gargoyle but I can't reverse that is absurd.

Also Elves need a boat. Stupid Orcs can make a boat but the Elves can't? Elves demand equality!

And if they just add more crap to Blackthrons I want that hideously ugly mempo of fortune to be on that list... I want it to be a ankh pendant... or the elven leaf gorget or hide gorget... and give the gargoyles a chance at luck and let it be a gargish amulet as well...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
w

when shadow guard was on test center, it had garg shadow arties. I guess they just stopped and didn't finish things again. they also were nerfedl because of mages complaining about the mortal, disarm / moving shot pvp BS. lets just call them the forgotten race in uo lore and forget about them lol. I have used garg for pvp but don't now with the nerfs. just my opinions.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a gargoyle thrower mage. Really like the char, but god was it difficult to put together. A comparable archer mage would of been easier and a much better suit.

Something as simple as a balakai staff , a nice 1 handed mage weap, is .ot as simple for a harg (as was stated there was a wand version on tc for gargs, someone missed the boat)