• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Gargoyle Question

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I have a shield equipped and using a one handed Soul Glaive, the character makes the Throwing sound, but doesn't do any damage. Remove the shield and I do damage. It's a Gargoyle Order Shield artifact. What am I missing?

Thanks

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When I have a shield equipped and using a one handed Soul Glaive, the character makes the Throwing sound, but doesn't do any damage. Remove the shield and I do damage. It's a Gargoyle Order Shield artifact. What am I missing?

Thanks
If you want to use a shield you will need parry

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You need 120 parry. Even with 120 of it you miss more than without shield.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You need 120 parry. Even with 120 of it you miss more than without shield.
I had no issues with 120 parry but found the stats i gained with shield not worth dropping resisting spells for parry gargoyles already miss the damage reduction from swampy so resistance a must

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I had no issues with 120 parry but found the stats i gained with shield not worth dropping resisting spells for parry gargoyles already miss the damage reduction from swampy so resistance a must
In Hythloth event I missed with parry garg way more then my archer or sampire. Feels like it is because of shield. But not sure. And I like shields stats, especially Grugors ones, or 190 luck, 10 SSI 25 DI from another one.
@Petra Fyde can we ask developers for better explanation how to offset shield penalty from developers? Does 120 parry offsets it completely or something still there? Or may be it only takes real parry in account. I have jewel and shield +parry skill.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please feel free to start a thread on the official forum for this question.
I only have one gargoyle thrower myself, and she has bushido, so doesn't carry a shield.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Please feel free to start a thread on the official forum for this question.
I only have one gargoyle thrower myself, and she has bushido, so doesn't carry a shield.
I am unable to log in on off forum both on phone and PC. For quite a long time. Think something is blocked. Otherwise I'd do it myself.