• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] gargoyle lumberjacking

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

The Target by Resource element is bugged. It won't accept Dual Short Axes (DSA) as a resource-gathering tool, and this is the only axe available to gargoyles.

Also, even when a Gargoyle chops trees manually with an armed DSA, he apparently will not gain strength. This is the very reason I wanted him to lumberjack to begin with. I've chopped and I've chopped, but strength hasn't budged past 45. (Yes, he has plenty of stat room, and str is set to increase; he's not even 160 total stats yet.) This is doubly unfortunate, because throwing only raises STR rarely. (I haven't noticed it go up from throwing, but he did get to 45 somehow.)

F

Fink

Do you have the other stats set *not* to raise? Either down or locked.

Lumberjacking will not necessarily gain STR if you have all stats set to raise. Any skill gain may randomly raise any stat, now. The skills are no longer tied to specific stats.

Your best bet for stat gain is the lower skill ranges.. 0-20. The best method remains the see-saw; at skill cap, and with two easy skills alternately raising & lowering.

As for the failed axe recognition by the client, I'm afraid you're stuck with it not working until they decide to look at the EC again