• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Gargoville Shallows?

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was curious what this little shrine is, Northwest of Fel Yew gate? I read the poorly typed book, but that didn't answer much. Was it part of an event? If not, when did they allow EM's to create this kind of thing in game? It seems like a player-ran organization, so I was just..curious.

Also, hi Chesapeake players.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was curious what this little shrine is, Northwest of Fel Yew gate? I read the poorly typed book, but that didn't answer much. Was it part of an event? If not, when did they allow EM's to create this kind of thing in game? It seems like a player-ran organization, so I was just..curious.

Also, hi Chesapeake players.
http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/26863

Town of Gargouille Shallows Township Banner Constructed, Yew Area Felucca
February 25th 2011 Written By: Chie Images: Merik/Gareth

The town name was named after this creature Gargouille to remind use were we come from. It is also claimed that the word “gargoyale” is derived from the name of this monster. The word shallows was used for being a small part of the Gargoyale race stretching from Ter Mur. So we call the town Gargouille Shallows.

Being from the Royal City of Ter Mur and living a refugee’s life was not good. Many of us were packed into the camps with really no place to call home. We knew it was time to leave and search for a home. The trail would be hard but in the end a place to call home would be worth the struggles. We started out as a small group of lost Gargoyles befriending a few Humans and Elves on the way. Passing through many regions we found a long abandoned town Duir of Yew. Started to make are home there we found out why it was abandoned so long ago. There are many groups of evil factions which take pleasure in raiding and killing all who stand in their way. It is our home now and we will not leave for any reason. We have traveled long and endured many obstacles to find a place we called home. Now is the time to stand together and fight for our new home. (Taken from the Information book placed on the banner)

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No yeah, I read the book. I'm just curious what it actually is? Like, it seems like an EM gave a player-run group a shrine because of all of the GS houses surrounding it. IDK.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. That's how it works. Player run towns get blessings. Have you not ever been to a player run town before?

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I read somewhere that EM's weren't supposed to give 'blessings' now-a-days. Could be wrong though. I've been to plenty player run towns before. Lol

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is from The Origin Shard's EM but probably the best explanation that I have seen so far about what it is and how to set them up. http://emfainemorgan.com/blog/?page_id=379

It is something that is open to everyone that wished to band together and start a player run town so there should be no favoritism involved.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I read somewhere that EM's weren't supposed to give 'blessings' now-a-days. Could be wrong though. I've been to plenty player run towns before. Lol
The EMs help the program, but the final construction aka blessing comes from a developer.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/26863

Town of Gargouille Shallows Township Banner Constructed, Yew Area Felucca
February 25th 2011 Written By: Chie Images: Merik/Gareth

The town name was named after this creature Gargouille to remind use were we come from. It is also claimed that the word “gargoyale” is derived from the name of this monster. The word shallows was used for being a small part of the Gargoyale race stretching from Ter Mur. So we call the town Gargouille Shallows.

Being from the Royal City of Ter Mur and living a refugee’s life was not good. Many of us were packed into the camps with really no place to call home. We knew it was time to leave and search for a home. The trail would be hard but in the end a place to call home would be worth the struggles. We started out as a small group of lost Gargoyles befriending a few Humans and Elves on the way. Passing through many regions we found a long abandoned town Duir of Yew. Started to make are home there we found out why it was abandoned so long ago. There are many groups of evil factions which take pleasure in raiding and killing all who stand in their way. It is our home now and we will not leave for any reason. We have traveled long and endured many obstacles to find a place we called home. Now is the time to stand together and fight for our new home. (Taken from the Information book placed on the banner)
refugee’s life
CAUSE YOOS SMEELS BAD AN NO LIKE YOOS

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
No yeah, I read the book. I'm just curious what it actually is? Like, it seems like an EM gave a player-run group a shrine because of all of the GS houses surrounding it. IDK.
You can make the town of EMO Kids!!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Reported for harassment. ;;
*Checks the reported post log*
*Assigns the report to himself*
*Issues Resolved Status*
*Issues LordNoximos an infraction*

PWNED!
I WinZ!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
“Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!”
I'm almost sure I overheard him say that his authority was conferred upon him by some watery tart who gave him a sword...