• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Gargish suit - number crunching

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, so since you guys on the boards have educated me I now have a totally new outlook on crafting armour... I have never made gargish armour but I am planning on making my disco archer into a thrower....

I will start with mack and shields and looking at the base resists of gargish armour I have come up with the following. I am at work so have limited internet access but basically i did the following math.

350 resists needed for all 70's

M&S + Pieces crafted from leather, + exp/arms lore bonus + Enhance = 313 resists.

So am i right in thinking that if I were to get the right spread on base resists I could hit all 70's in all resists with only 37 points worth of imbued resists??

I know there would be a lot of time spent crafting the base pieces for the right spread then there is the gamble that I will have to remake due to reforging but seriously if i am correct (its been know to happen from time to time) I could make a REALLY powerful suit based on these numbers.

I consider myself a student in crafting and am looking for you guys, my teachers, to shed some light on this way of calculating resists.

also am I right in thinking that if i wanted 10 LMC and HCI on the pieces I would need to reforge with a horned runic and use a scorcery reforge and cross my fingers that the random mod was HCI??

I am sooo hooked on crafting again... all my characters are becoming tools to keep this guy full of gold and mats!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an all 70 suit using M&S and Torc of the Guardians (an AMAZING piece of armor, imo) with 1 imbue. Probably could have done better if I spent more time on it.

The best way to make armor now a days is reforge/imbue/enhance. But you don't HAVE to. You can still make damn good armor just imbuing or starting with the special material and going from there, but it won't be the BEST. Doesn't mean it won't work.

I'd plan out the suit completely, including robe, trinket, ect.. and then plan the rest of the mods from there, but sounds like you are on the right track.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
62*4 + 30 + 65 = 343

if you reforge 5 hci on each leather item and imbue 7 resist on a neckplace you will be able to imube 4 full (100-110 inetensity) mods. For example, LMC, MI, SI, HPI.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeepers, I had always overlooked the gargish artifacts as I have had no cause to use them! the torc looks amazing! all those stat points lmc AND stam regain and mana regain!

Well I think I have my 2 starting pieces right there... 30-15-15-15-15 is as good a base set of resists to start with! with regards to other artifacs I will use a crimmy and for the robe I am thinking Either most knowledge person OR Shrowd of the condemned... only reason being is I want my intel a little higher for the extra mana so I will be wanting to push up HP's as far as possible.

am thinking if I manage to get the resist spread so I only have 1 resist imbue I will be laughing... my face off....

I am a great believer now in the craft,reforge,imbue,enhance method... sure it take a little more time and it is certainly a little more costly but with regards to that the way I see it is I have been playing this game on and off for 10 years! a few extra hours in the grand scope of things is a very small drop in the pond.

With regards to the mods then as I have never played a thrower where would you think i need to be?

Template is :

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Music
120 Discord
85 chiv
80 anat
75 healing

am thinking it would be better to perhaps drop tactics to 100 and pump healing/anat to 90/85

so if i discount the M&S and the torc I am left with 4 imbue pieces, after the HCI added on the pieces I am left with 16 imbue slots on AR alone - 1 for resist = 15 mods I can add. I was thinking as Corwinxx Said LMC, SI, MI and HPI with that set up I would then be relying on either adding in a little LMC on one jewel slot OR or using a tali slot to make up the remaining LMC as well as losing a MI,SI or HPI off one of them . OR i could leave LMC off of one of the armour pieces and add 8/6 lmc on the ring and brace... I am thinking HCI/DCI on jewels with perhaps +8 str and Dex and then 10% DI initially though so if i add LMC into the mix it will complicate things.

I guess the trade off between LMC and losing other mods will have to be considered.

Any input would be great!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, I am of the belief that most weapons should just start out with Mana and Stamina Leech. After that, I decide if I need SSI. Then go to other effects from there.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, I am of the belief that most weapons should just start out with Mana and Stamina Leech. After that, I decide if I need SSI. Then go to other effects from there.
Funny you should say that as I have made a bunch of weps recently and I have ML and SL as the only real mods... then if needed i add hit area / slayer or hit spell.

Do the mods I have looked at above seem like the right choice for the suit though?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd have to break it down to see... I use a spread sheet and go from there. For me, LMC and HPI I max out first. Then SI and generally put the rest in MI.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd have to break it down to see... I use a spread sheet and go from there. For me, LMC and HPI I max out first. Then SI and generally put the rest in MI.
Good idea,
I will just use formula to total up the weight cost i.e cell A1=Weight value*intensity value then have another 4 under per piece with final cell doing something like =SUM(A1+B1+C1+D1+E1) then next to that have =500-(cell where total is) if i do this for each piece I can get a breakdown easy enough.

I can then use that as a template and go from there for each piece, I have set up a table for resists ect I also have another table for each metal type so I can just copy accress the data from base/imbued resists into i.e Barbed table and it will add the resists from enhancing.

Happy days.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
the torc looks amazing! all those stat points lmc AND stam regain and mana regain!
As to me MI/SI/HPI is better than STR/DEX/INT. There is a cap for dex and no cap for SI. Torc has just 25 resists while an exceptional neckplace has 30. IMHO a crafted piece with 8 MI/8 SI/8 LMC/5 HPI (or 2 MR)/resists is better than the torc.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i get ya. and as I am going to be needing MR also I best go for a neck piece rather than the torc.

Discord is really mana hungry by all accounts so I need to try work this in too lol