• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Garg Thunter

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this event arc has had my doing T-maps and sos's and i find i kinda like them, quite peaceful and very solo'able.
So i have this Garg char that pretty much just sits there being a bod collector which i'd like to do something with.

Is there a build for an "all round" map/net T-hunter that could use Throwing (seems a waste not to use it on my Garg)
Not really interested in Lvl 6 or 7 maps yet as i'm still very new to the whole Thunter gameplay.

Any tips on a Thrower build would be appreciated. and stats required ect.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For L5's and below, sure. I'd use a selection of slayer boomerangs or whatnot.
100 LP
100 Cart
120 Throw
100 Anat
100 Tactics
100 Magery
100 Healing

You could probably lower Magery, you'd just need enough to mark and recall.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My T-Hunter is a garg by choice as its a bit safer to be able to fly (move at mount speed) while casting RC's.

here's the template
tmapTemplate.jpg

I Stone Cart on and off again after decoding the maps. The template works well for 6's and 7's but takes some practice with the Renegade Changlings in Ilshener. For those you want to find the sweet spot to stand thats just close enough to keep discord up but not so close that it can see you (about 14-15 tiles away works).

at 780 skill points i have to use skill points on jewelry to cap everything off. simple imbued jewelry works fine

Last edited:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My current garg build:
120 throwing
110 tactic
110 myst
100(cap 120) focus
80 magery + crystaline ring
100 LP
100 cart

I'm able to solo up to 5 lvl maps, did few 6 lvl and they take too much time (1-2 hours)

125 str (140+ with items for max range)
80 dex (90+ with items, 120+ stam with increases)
50 int (80+ mana with items)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I roll with
120 tame
120 lore
120 magery
100 carto
100 mine
100 lock
rest in medi.
I have 0 problems doing any level of maps.
It's all about tactics, and having a strong pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I roll with
120 tame
120 lore
120 magery
100 carto
100 mine
100 lock
rest in medi.
I have 0 problems doing any level of maps.
It's all about tactics, and having a strong pet.
!20 magery with no eval? Probably for the remote pet heals, since magery spell damage in nil except mind blast, due to the eval being zero? Would it be ok for 110 or even 100 magery? Or the heals would be less effective? 120 magery is very pricey these day..?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
!20 magery with no eval? Probably for the remote pet heals, since magery spell damage in nil except mind blast, due to the eval being zero? Would it be ok for 110 or even 100 magery? Or the heals would be less effective? 120 magery is very pricey these day..?
Appreciate info.
Also what type of pets to use with different T-Maps/T-Map guardians? Thanks in advance.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
90% of the time of I have a character with magert, it’s never about damage, only versatility.
My tmap char is a tamer.
120 Lore
120 Taming
100 Cart
100 Mining
100 Lock
100 Mage (for recall, invis, and res)
80 Vet

Have died during a map once, on a level 7 in fel because I got a wee bit close to an ancient wyrm.

Usually I run with a giant beetle with Rune corruption, armor ignore, mortal strike, poisoning all 120d out. Does a crap ton of damage and when it’s over I have an extra way to move my loot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 120 Magery, because my char is scrolled to max in everything (I use alot of soulstones).
And i didn't feel the need to train 100 in magery, when i could just "borrow" the skills from another char, but yes the heals are alittle bit better with 120, but defently not worth the price.
You can do maps with 100 magery, its not a game stopper.
I use a lesser hiury with WW/Bushido for most maps, sometimes i use a CU with chiv/AI, but the lesser hiury is by far my favorite pet.

MrMeoff

Visitor
IMHO the best Thunter pet is a Giant Beetle. he can handle the spawn and carry home the goods. i do lvl 6s mostly and sell my 7s i can take home 100% of the chest and spawn loot in one trip.