• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Garg gets how much JoaT in throwing? And why?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does a gargoyle get as a basic knowledge in throwing? 30 skill?
So if I wield a boomerang, have swordsmanship and no throwing, will I be able to kill mongbats or anything as they aggro on me from afar?
I'm sure it would miss a lot, but still.
I wonder if you can be effective with 120 swords but use a throwing weap if I wanna be a meeler, with a slight chance of a hit from far.
I'd hate to have 120 throwing and 120 swords (ouch).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Gargoyle character with 40 throwing and 110 sword and 100 tactics and anatomy. And for her small creature are not a problem to kill.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not certain they get any "Jack of All Trades" style skill in it... I believe they simply start at 0. Gargoyles, however, are the only race that can learn throwing (apparently the rest of us are too stupid to learn it).

R

Radix

No idea for throwing, but they have sure some joat for mysticism, but how much?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh maybe it's their way of saying that gargs can use this skill. For that matter, why not also say they have a basic lack of Archery understanding.
I was hoping gargs get a +30 JoaT in throwing, that way they can hold a boomerang (with 0 throwing) for the +mods and be able to sorta hit low spawn. Like how non-macers hold the boomstick for the MR or how non wrestlers hold spellbooks for the mods.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is also what the racial menu tells on the paperdoll:

Master Artisan
A strong cultural emphasis on art and craftsmanship grants the Gargoyles an increased chance to imbue, enhance, and unravel magical items.

Deadly Aim
All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons.

Mystic Insight
Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast basic Mysticism spells without further training.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deadly Aim is the one that throws me off. If they get bonuses in "master Artisan" and bonuses in "Mystic Insight", what's the bonus in throwing?
Mystic Insight grants them like level 1-3 or something? Not bad.

*sigh* I need a faq on this new stuff. My brain is unable to retain anything.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's in the PUB 60 FAQ pretty sure -- you get +30% Mystic as Gargoyle, innate

Not sure on Throwing but when you train make sure you aren't using a shield until you are very high in the skill