• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening]Bright Orange Puppies starter question

A

AriTrk

well i never tried botany before today i just started it for the first time so a little help will be great as i read all faq and other infos i still dont understand some stuff so can someone tell me what to do

i planted
6 red seeds
6 yellow seeds atm today is the first day

so now what should i do and so on to get bright orange puppıes

A

AriTrk

so at day 7 i will cross polunate red to yellows or vica versa and i will get orange seeds then i plant oranges wait 7 days and again cross polunate them and get bright seeds am i correct ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I ask, is it just bright orange plants you want, or the bright orange plants that produce petals?

W

Weezie

What shard do u need the seeds on. I am on baja an will share some orange petal seeds with u.

A

aceheart1976

im on europa if you need orange petal seeds here, have a ton of them since they stack

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick question for someone who hasn't done gardening since it was released...

If I grow bright orange plants and don't cross pollinate, I DON'T get bright orange seeds? I thought if I let it self pollinate I would get the same seeds I started with. But instead I am getting regular orange seeds?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick question for someone who hasn't done gardening since it was released...

If I grow bright orange plants and don't cross pollinate, I DON'T get bright orange seeds? I thought if I let it self pollinate I would get the same seeds I started with. But instead I am getting regular orange seeds?
I am a novice gardener but since no one else is answering, I'll take a stab at it. Perhaps you are getting bright orange seeds but they are labeled orange seeds? I am not sure how that happens but know it happens though maybe not in your situation. If I recall it does that when you cross polinate bright orange with other bright orange plants you get seeds that are colored bright orange and will grow bright orange but are labeled orange seeds. Someone more knowledgable may be able to answer you more accurately.

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Talk about thread necro!

I just realized that this thread is almost a year and a half old!

To Podolak:
If you don't do anything and let the plant self pollinate, the seeds will be the exact same as the plant that is growing.
If you are getting different seeds, the only explanation is that the plant was pollinated from another plant.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks you two.

The good news is that the seeds were just labelled wrong. The plants grew up to be Bright Orange even though the seeds were only labelled orange. Crisis (not really a crisis) averted. I had feared the new garden beds were glitched or something. Jumped the gun.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry but don't know under what conditions the seeds get mislabeled but I have seeds just like that.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye it is a common occurrence.
Any bright colored seed will look like a bright seed, grow to a bright colored plant, but will only be labeled as the regular color.
The only way I have found to add the bright tag to them is to use poppies dust to identify the stack of seeds.
Then they all list as bright.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another bug with seeds is seeds that are self-identified from a self-pollinating plant won't stack with seeds that are identified via poppies dust.