• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gardening and KR

G

Hi all, just recently started back to gardening again (and have been madly planting *laughs*) and I'm wondering how gardening is in the new KR client? Does it seem harder, easier, any shortcut macros to make the tediousness less painful? Anyone playing with the KR client?

G

With the vast improvements of the KR client I think I'm gonna force myself to use it, at least for my non-combat characters. Hopefully it won't be any harder for gardening, and the plants look better. Now if UO would just give us chef/gardener types a watering can instead of needing 50 pitchers......

Rey~

G

Well that didn't take long.... First off my fire beetle is so damn huge in 3D its like riding a rune beetle, so had to stable him before looking after my plants. The plant gump (I think thats the word they use) sucks it's not set up like 2D where the potion needed is across from the plant affliction, this makes it even more troublesome for new gardeners. Also the water level has a red - even though the plant only needs 1 water, welcome to accidental overwatering.... Pitchers don't have anything in them, the only odd difference between a full pitcher and an empty one is full pitchers are skinnier......

Ummm, so far its a big no thank you KR for me, even the chat feature is cumbersome, you have to manually switch from say to guild just to talk in both....

Lastly since the plants are less distinct (they look better, maybe more natural but...) its a bit hard to pick out individual plants if you have several rows of mixed plants

Rey~

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using KR but haven't gardened much yet - the gump isn't very user friendly. I'm not good at setting up macros yet so I haven't been able to figure out how to make one to do watering. I've entered some bug reports on the gump, including some pleading ones begging for usability improvements, or to at least use the 2D gump style as the base for the new KR one.

One of the annoying things is that I like to stack my gumps when I tend a lot of plants, but the KR gump is translucent so I can see the red and yellow 'needs whatever' signs on the gump below the one I'm working with.

I do love the redrawn plants though - it's the reason I switched to the new client. Now, when I go back and look at 2D it looks weird and very cartooney to me and I don't like it...and *I* said I'd never switch to KR! Ha!

G

I have not tried to garden in KR, but I did try house customization. NO THANKS. I do not like the look of the majority of plants in KR. Palms and pampas being the exceptions. It also p**ses me off to no end that they finally, after years of players requesting, add properly hued colored plants to KR only.

On a happier note, welcome back to gardening kittykat.

G

Thanks both of you

I think I'll skip trying out KR for now, mostly for the fact that I'm almost exclusively just gardening in UO right now and it doesn't sound at all friendly to gardening.

On a good note, I did a massive plant crossing yesterday and did actually come out with 3 mutations. Ah happy days...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now if UO would just give us chef/gardener types a watering can instead of needing 50 pitchers......Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]Does the infinite water pitcher trick not work in KR?

I

imported_Mark Trail

Use last object sort of works in KR. At least it worked when I put the object into a hotbar slot and gave that slot a key.

Use last target also works by iteslf.

To make the infinite water pitcher you need both on one key: last object/last target in one macro. That might work and it might not, sometimes these KR macros are very touchy. It breaks for me when the shovel is used up and I have to remake the macro. Maybe you will get lucky using it for a water pitcher.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to set up a water pitcher macro, and I've done something wrong because it's apparently trying to pour water into itself, and does not like this.

I can't find 'use last target' in the macros list - am I missing it?

If anyone's made a KR macro for using a water pitcher on a plant once you've clicked the water button/area on the plant gump, and/or for filling a magic pitcher, would you please post it? I'm not very good at making KR macros and could use some help

Thanks!