• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Garden Shed issue

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I had a garden shed on my roof full of stuff, wanted to move it and hit it with a hatchet, I destroyed it ? Was expecting a deed in my backpack.

nm it was a barrel I didnt see at first

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
betcha that gave you a hell of a start!
Actually it was filled with old stuff I never use like a bag of monster statues and just stuff I cant throw away or be bothered to try and sell, was more sad about the 90 mil I spent on the shed :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I had a garden shed on my roof full of stuff, wanted to move it and hit it with a hatchet, I destroyed it ? Was expecting a deed in my backpack.

This one is offensive to elves!

upload_2018-1-8_17-17-11.png

TheWolf

Adventurer

I have had some furniture type items redeed into barrels. I don't recall exactly what it was. No harm was done, just simply double click the barrel to replace shed. Atleast I hope this is the case for you.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick warning - if u have a shed on goza mats (extra roof space like so many now do) :

If u axe a shed & a single goza mat somewhere under the shed has fallen (for whatever reason that occasionally makes the mats drop a tile or two) YOU WILL LOSE THE SHED AS IT WILL NOT REDEED NOR WILL IT TURN INTO A BARREL. They just *POOF* on you.

Yes, it happened to me & shed/contents disappeared never to be see again.

I think it works similar to the breaking of certain placed deeded items when doing custom deco. If ur unfamiliar with breakage of deeded item for custom looks in deco, several threads can b found in home deco sections.

Wanted to share alil misfortune which may help others from my experience. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quick warning - if u have a shed on goza mats (extra roof space like so many now do) :

If u axe a shed & a single goza mat somewhere under the shed has fallen (for whatever reason that occasionally makes the mats drop a tile or two) YOU WILL LOSE THE SHED AS IT WILL NOT REDEED NOR WILL IT TURN INTO A BARREL. They just *POOF* on you.

I think it works similar to the breaking of certain placed deeded items when doing custom deco. If ur unfamiliar with breakage of deeded item for custom looks in deco, several threads can b found in home deco sections.

Ouch... but thanks for the warning. I don't have any of those outhouses on my property though.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is amusing how many thing turn into barrels when axed :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

Not having a shed (but I think about getting one rather often) what is the proper way to redeed them especially in this situation? Are there other options than the Axe?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
take one to test center and try it?
At a guess I'd say you'd have to lower the shed till it's completely on a solid floor, all parts unable to lower any further.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
take one to test center and try it?
At a guess I'd say you'd have to lower the shed till it's completely on a solid floor, all parts unable to lower any further.
Correct so long as the ground you are lowering it to is free and clear of other objects. This is the best way to ensure that you won't break it. Items become broken when one spot is out and that can be even by 1 click. If you accidentally have axed a hole in something like a rug leave it alone page a GM see if they can fix it for you... otherwise you are out of luck.

Some objects are known to be a bit buggy and will break even if flat... the bloody pentagram is sometimes this way. If you axe a part of it and don't get the deed leave it be page a GM.

But of course sometimes they can't help you. It's worth a try though.