• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gamers Serious About Life - Playing Games for Charity

B

Bella

If you do nothing else today, sign up here at the 2012 Charity Page in support of Stupid Cancer. You don't even need to donate to be supportive; although donations are accepted. Cancer can strike anyone, at any time no matter the age. Many of us, myself included, have either known, loved, directly experienced or lost someone to cancer. Stupid Cancer helps connect young adults with available resources offering help that many of us don't even know is out there.

From the Beautiful Peoples Club 2012 Charity Page:

The Details
"This is our 3rd annual 24 hour gaming event for charity. This years event is being held from May 19th-20th starting at 12PM EDT. Many of our members will be streaming live and chatting right here, we will also be feeding our teamspeak chatter, which often proves to be highly entertaining, especially in the final stretch. So come join us! Have fun! It's Game on!
The Cause
We proudly support Stupid Cancer and here's a short quote to help explain why:
“We build communities and social networks where there are none. We organize and mobilize millions toward a national movement for change. We serve as a bullhorn for a voiceless generation of cancer survivors. Our innovative and award-winning programs and services have been directly crowd sourced straight from our constituency from the ground up to patch cracks and fill in gaps, just like spackle. In the end, we help young adults fight cancer and empower them to get busy living every single day.”
We certainly couldn't have said it better ourselves..."
And a quote from the Stupid Cancer website:
I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!
Young adults, a largely unknown group in the war on cancer, account for 72,000 new diagnoses each year. That's one every eight minutes. It's also seven times more all than pediatric cancers. This is not OK!

Stupid Cancer (aka The I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation, i[2]y) is a non-profit organization that empowers young adults affected by cancer through innovative and award-winning programs and services. We are the nation's largest support community for this underserved population and serve as a bullhorn for the young adult cancer movement.

Our charter is to ensure that no one goes unaware of the age-appropriate resources they are entitled to so they can get busy living.
Get serious about cancer.

Bella