• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gamebreakertv: This Week In MMO EP135 (VIDEO)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the title may throw you off but they also talk about SOTA which you may find very interesting.

I cant post the video yet but can post the link. At 27:00 minutes in the video is where they talk about SOTA.

Link

In this weeks TWIMMO, EA struggles to recover from the SimCity launch debacle, Smedley teases us about permadeath in EQNext and Lord British decides to return to his gaming roots.

Some of you may have noticed that the most recent SimCity launched this week. If you haven’t… Well then, welcome back to the internet. We missed you.

Yes, we know SimCity isn’t an MMO. It is, however, an online game — at least this version is. And, to say that the online aspect isn’t going quite as EA had hoped would be a bit of an understatement.

Since the US SimCity launch on Tuesday, players have been having issues logging into servers, finding friends and a variety of other things.

In response, EA cut back on several “non-essential” features of the game — including Cheetah mode in order to make things smoother.

But, there have been other problems with the SimCity launch related to customer service. Mixed messages have been sent to players regarding the possibility of refunds for the game.
Permadeath in EQNext? Just kidding…

Yeah. I made that face too. John Smedley had my attention there for a minute and then BOOM he pulled it all out from under me, leaving me shaking my fist at him shouting “Damn you, Smedley!”
Of course, our hosts may have a different opinion about how good or bad it would have been to add permadeath to the next EverQuest title.
Lord British’s Shroud of the Avatar

Richard Garriott announced his new project from SXSW yesterday and it looks interesting — especially if you’re a fan of old-school medieval fantasy games. Like many well known devs, Garriott is electing to stay away from a publisher and has gone to Kickstarter.
All that and more plus your viewer questions!

We also have some details on TESO‘s beta, and a launch date for Age of Wushu .
And don’t forget, we love your viewer questions — especially video ones. If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, send them to [email protected]. Remember to make video questions 30 seconds long and upload them to YouTube. Then send us the link via email.

As always, if you missed last week’s episode you can check it out here.