• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] game window shrunk, and can't get it back

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I've been running the enhanced client for several months now (since Styggian Abyss went public). Just a few minutes ago I happened to click the outer edge of the game window, and its width shrunk to about 2/3 of my HD screen. Now it won't drag any wider, and hitting the maximize icon doesnt make it much wider. I quit the game and restarted several times, and the problem persists.

Does anyone know what happened, and how to fix it?

I

imperterritus

Rebooting my computer let me resize the game window normally again. :)

I'd still like to know what happened in the first place, and if there is a fix shy of rebooting.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rebooting my computer let me resize the game window normally again. :)

I'd still like to know what happened in the first place, and if there is a fix shy of rebooting.
In times of Windows 7 and Windows Vista rebooting isn't necessary anymore ;)

I

imperterritus

In times of Windows 7 and Windows Vista rebooting isn't necessary anymore ;)
... um, my computer is running Vista; it had it when purchased a couple of years ago. I agree with you that rebooting shouldn't be necessary, but once in a while it still is.

I'm guessing some system variable stored in memory got set to the wrong value, and rebooting the computer reset or cleared this variable.