• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Time Codes

P

Pami

HI All!
When will the game time site be fixed?? Everytime I buy a game time card I have to call 1-866-543-5435 to put the time code in manually. I just want to put the game time code in myself and have it done and over with. Please fix this problem.
HAGD and TC!!!

C

CarlosN

Hey im having the same problem but im calling them now and all i get is the machine

P

Pami

I called 1-866-543-5435 went to my account, other, than eventually fgo tto where it said customer rep and than u have too say agent and there you go and they will put it in for you manually.

C

CarlosN

Damn just got off the phone with them and they want the last 8 digits from a credit card that i no longer have..

P

Pami

same thing happened to me do u have an old credit card bill???

C

CarlosN

I would have to check but not sure, i asked them if i could just change the credit card number and call them back and they said no.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Damn just got off the phone with them and they want the last 8 digits from a credit card that i no longer have..

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to do? Apply a time code to your account? There are other ways to verify your identity to them to do that other than the credit card, you just have to explain that that card is expired, and you no longer have it, and they can ask you the security questions that you set up the account with, at least that is how it has always worked when I did it. If a CSR told you otherwise then you probably got one that doesn't know any better, and you just have to call back to get a different one

G

Sometimes I am wholely convinced that what will be the ultimate death of EA is not its Borg-like business model, but its Customer Service Department! If you're trying to give them money, I don't understand why it's necessary to give DNA samples and the blood of your first-born...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sometimes I am wholely convinced that what will be the ultimate death of EA is not its Borg-like business model, but its Customer Service Department! If you're trying to give them money, I don't understand why it's necessary to give DNA samples and the blood of your first-born...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very true....even if you were applying a time code to an account that *wasn't* yours, so what....it isn't like you are trying to obtain the user name or password for that account. *That* I do think should require answering some security questions, but not something as simple as applying a time code.

But you're right, Customer Service has the power to kill this game if they are allowed to. It almost prevented hubby from coming back under amnesty, until we finally got an account to work that had *almost* as many entitlement days as the one we were trying to get to work, after being told to contact e-mail support and, of course, getting no response from them
. That's why many people come here asking for help from Parizad or the devs, not because we want individual attention, but because you get little or no help from e-mail and/or phone support AT ALL. They say in e-mail support that you will get an answer within 24-48 hours, but any time I've actually gotten an answer in that time frame, it was as though the person answering the e-mail didn't even read it, and just gave a canned response. Most other times, almost 100%, I didn't get an answer at all, or didn't get one for weeks, after numerous, numerous updates to the question. With amnesty there isn't that amount of time to wait

The help here on the boards and in-game is fantastic, as far as I am concerned, but I really hope that Luc or somebody has the power to nudge whoever is over the e-mail and phone departments and let them know that they need to get their acts together to match the rest of the efforts, or the whole ship could sink

G

I agree 100% about the poor cust srv from EA concerning the EA online game!
I have a friend that stopped playing about two years ago. She is a member of POGO and has her husbands credit card listed to pay for that. She gave me her sims account to play and I used a game code for it all along. I tried to enter the game code and it won't take it. And I guess now the only way to use it is to give them the last 8 digits of the credit card. I am not about to ask her for the credit card number just to pay to play the game. But its unfair also! If I'm willing to purchase the game time and play the account and I can access the account then why do they give such a hard time to take your money? If they check the account they would know that its been paid on a game card for a long time....I guess I just lose my sims and all from it.

C

CarlosN

What you can do is just log on the account through the website and removed the billing info and put your own...same thing happend to me a few days ago...i have a credit card and they were asking me for the last 8 digits but i no longer had it so i simply hung up changed the billing info with a new creditcard, called them back and gave them the new information and they activated my time card

Hope this helps

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Amen. I have finally gotten them to accept my payment after a week of phone calls and emails!

As far as entering the codes goes - I purchased a code from EA through PayPal, and when I went to update my subscription (just a little while ago), it accepted the code just fine, and I also noticed that the alternate payment method links are back. So, hopefully they have fixed it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Amen. I have finally gotten them to accept my payment after a week of phone calls and emails!

As far as entering the codes goes - I purchased a code from EA through PayPal, and when I went to update my subscription (just a little while ago), it accepted the code just fine, and I also noticed that the alternate payment method links are back. So, hopefully they have fixed it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! could you give me a link to where you bought a game time code with PayPal? The places I am running into only allow CC purchases! Thanks

M

Mystic Kitty

I would like the link as well.. I know some people cannont use a CC to play and paying to play through paypal takes days for them to credit your account. I know this may be a pain too, but it still sounds easyer and is probally cheaper.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

Amen. I have finally gotten them to accept my payment after a week of phone calls and emails!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! could you give me a link to where you bought a game time code with PayPal? The places I am running into only allow CC purchases! Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't really a link that I know of, I found these instructions that another player copy/pasted from some EA website. Be forewarned, I had to pester them a bit (my "case" got transfered to a higher level of support and that gentleman mail me my code today - I paid for it a week ago). Next time I renew I will hopefully have my billing address verified with PayPal which will allow me to get the PayPal debit card, and I will just use that to pay as if I were paying by credit card from now on. Yeah, I am a poor college student and I refuse to get credit cards. I have seen too many friends go down that road and get carried away - which the credit industry is all too willing to help them do, but I digress.

Here are the instructions:

There are two ways to pay for your The Sims Online account:

Credit Card: You can pay online with your credit card by applying a billing option to your TSO account.
PayPal: If you would like to pay with PayPal, please follow these instructions.

Players of The Sims Online can now take advantage of their PayPal accounts to pay for your accounts! If you do not have a PayPal account, but were looking for a new option to pay for your subscription, you can create a free PayPal account.

Once your account is created, login to PayPal.
Once logged in, click the Send Money tab listed at the top of the page.
In the Recipients Email box, please enter [email protected] for Sims Online.
In the Amount ($) box, please enter the amount to be transferred to us for payment.
For The Sims Online, the payment amount for 30 days of game time is $13.99 USD. 90 days of game time is $38.99 USD.
At the Type box, please choose Service from the pull down menu.
In the Subject line, please enter the amount of game time that you are going to be purchasing and the name of the game. (Example: 30 Days of Sims Online).
In the Note field, please verify the amount that you are sending us and your EA Screen Name. (Example: I am sending $13.99 for 30 days of The Sims Online).

Click the Continue button. Once the payment has been sent, please allow 24 hours for processing of your game time request. You will be e-mailed back at the address you have listed for your PayPal account once the transaction is complete.

NOTE: All purchases through PayPal are final. No refunds are allowed. Please send in the EXACT amount specified.

M

Mystic Kitty

Dont think that is for the game time codes, that is just to pay through paypal.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

Dont think that is for the game time codes, that is just to pay through paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]No, they just emailed me the game time code a couple of hours ago, after I used the method outlined in my previous post.

It's for purchasing the code through PayPal.

I WISH they had a direct PayPal option, darn it!