• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game stopping house placement issue?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hiya folks!

So the reason I play after all this time, is that I love love love to place houses and design/customize them. I noticed earlier this week that I had some trouble placing a house when I have never had trouble before. I retested this issue, and thought I'd share it here:

Below you see my character standing precisely five tiles from the rear of a building (the minimum required space between), and I've pulled up my placement tool to test a house. Please note the large distance between my target cursor and the house stairs. I am wholly unable to attempt to place a house as I get the error message 'you cannot reach that'. It seems that I am now blocked by the roof of the building in front of me. This issue seems to have come hard upon the patch for publish 96; I remember when I first pulled up my placement tool after said patch, I thought PANCAKES that's huge space between the target and my would be building! I failed to place (another person came along and placed instead, after I had tried a dozen times or more). I didn't get a screen shot of those particular attempts, though I am able to recreate the very same issue as pictured.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

House placement.jpg

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is your play window moved to the upper left of your screen?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bingo! No! I'd played with shifting things about a bit in anticipation of the publish; I've just now put it back and retested. It worked a charm, many thanks!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah that's been the way houseplacement has been since the beginning you MUST have the window in the upper left corner or you will NEVER match the cursor with the placement.

I always moved my window to the lower left corner... I still keep it there most of the time... but If I'm going to place I move it up there. This issue also occurs when you are placing a boat in the water... Sometimes to very dramatic effect. but yes... I often wonder how many places I could have placed my own house all those years ago had I known about this from the beginning.