• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game keeps freezing

Verrick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im having a problem the game will freeze and it say's not responding usually other games i play stop and i continue to play but this game just won't ufreeze.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I must admit I have not had this problem. However, I know the game gets installed to the appdata directory, which is a hidden directory in c:\users\<username>\appdata . With this being the case it could easily be a anti-virus doing a scan on a file and locking it or something of the like. (ie spyware software, antivirus, any type of security software) I know for a fact, the Cryptolocker virus, typically infects this area, so a lot of virus/spyware watch it quite closely.

I would suggest checking the recent patch notes, I believe one of them stated the exact location of the directory and setting that directory to your exceptions list for any real-time antivirus or spyware software. I believe it is something like the following:

C:\users\<username>\appdata\locallow\projectgorgon\

Not sure, but you should be able to find it through the patch notes or this forum. If you don't have any real-time scanning software then I would run some scans and see if either something infected the directory or if one of the files was deleted/corrupted or something of the sort.