• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaining Honor

• Thread starter ¥§hàdòw¥
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Hi all,

This may be a silly question and probably belong somewhere else, but I fgured it was worth a shot.

I've read all I can on gaining Honor and it seems pretty straight forward. However, in order to gain you can't use pets and/or summons. Well my Tamer is a Peace/Tamer with Magery, but 0 eval. This presents the problem that I'm unsure how to gain Honor without changing my template around.

Anyone have any ideas?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can gain honor using pets. If you read the stuff on honor, it shows ways to "maximize" your gains, including not using pets or summons. You can still gain using those, you just don't gain quite as quickly. You want to gain fast with a tamer, take a pup to succubus or a gdrag and go do balrons in blood dungeon. You'll gain just fine. Good luck, having honor with a tamer is a great tool for taming as well as working some of the tougher dungeons.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't impossible for a tamer to gain honor, it's just a little slower. You have to fight the creatures that have the highest fame you can find. (I haven't noticed Fel extra fame helping on this.) Only use one pet. The more pets you use, the less honor you'll get.

Thrashers in Blighted Grove will take a tamer to Knight of Honor. Cu Sidhe work best for them.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also seems that you will gain slower in honor by using a Rune Beetle or a pet that uses poisoning. I always like going to the fan dancer dojo to the room where the 1 ronin and 1 succubus spawn and lead the ronin out of the room so that all you have is the succubus. Just keep your distance so that you don't get hit by her area effect spells, have the dog attack, and invis yourself. If your pet is halfway trained up it should be able to take it out without any problems or any healing by you. It will take a while to get to knight, it seemed like I only gained about half of what I gained when I fought with a dexxer.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds about right. It flies on my fighter, too. The archer/tamer is in between as he actually does considerable damage to the monster himself.

Z

Zodiac19

I'm with Hinotori, Thrasher in the Grove is the eaisest i've found. I usually take my dread warhorse and have no problems unless Thrasher tgts me first then it gets interesting.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Thanks for the help folks, it is much appreciated. I'll try the above susggestions.

M

mutau

Does peacing negate the Honor? i tried area peacing and didn't get the honor kill. I'm not sure if thats supposed to happen.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few places to isolate them, not easiest to get to them but?

Hyloth, and Terra Keep are nice :D

U

uoBuoY

Does peacing negate the Honor? i tried area peacing and didn't get the honor kill. I'm not sure if thats supposed to happen.
I haven't tried area peace but I have used targeted peace and disco and I have gained in honor. Problem is you have no idea how much you gain. It could be a drop or a gallon!

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

I've done a couple of different mobs using targeted peace. I've used a White Wyrm with really good success and then tried the Succubi in the Fan Dancer Dojo. It seemed to be hit and miss with the Succubi, but mostly because I had to keep peacing her in order to heal my mare. The less peace I used, then the more I saw the "you have gained Honor" message.

C

controlfive

i think target peace reduces your honor gained but area peace doesn't. i use area peace to get succys off of me when they target me first.