• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaining Fame question

K

kingbink

Hi All,

I've got a question about the reputation system.

My character used to have a "Lady" title, until being killed by being stupid (don't run to get a drink of water while in a bad area).

Now it seems I'm stuck at "Glorious" and can't get back to lady.

I am constantly killing Ogre Lords by casting two Energy Vortex's. By looking at the pile of cash in my bank, I figure I've killed well over 100 of them since my last death without gaining the title.

My question is, does the Reputation Title only increase if the player actually kills a monster?

Technically, the EV's are killing the Ogre Lords, not me.

It still says, "You've gained a lot of Fame"... but I'm not seeing "Lady". I usually never see anything about Karma.

There's not a lot of detail about it in the FAQ about summoned creatures.

Thanks!

G

Dunno how many you need kill as I keep sacrificing from Glorious to the Cove Lich so I can keep that virtue up some!

I work over the Dragons in Destard for gobs of fame, but their level (per the Hunters Guide) is same as an OL. But I'd say as long as you're getting the messages you are gaining.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are at the highest level of karma, so that would probably explain why you aren't seeing anything about gaining karma.

As for the fame, moving through that glorious area can sometimes take forever and about a hundred days. My mage recently hit Glorious Lord after killing about a billion arctic ogre lords. Might wanna go to the ice dungeon and try them for a change, just as a change of pace (there's an area where one spawns by itself, good for loot if you're not sitting on a ton of gold and/or top notch items).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go for normal Daemons, they easyer to kill to get fast to Lady.

K

kingbink

Awesome! Thanks all for the help!! Glad to know I'm at least moving in the right direction.

Thanks again!

S

Saysimba

<blockquote><hr>

Go for normal Daemons, they easyer to kill to get fast to Lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I even have a couple of craft characters that with magery pull up EV's just to get Lady or Lord title by killing demons in Wind dungeon. Usually takes no more than 20.

I

imported_Spiritless

Felucca, bottom tier Covetous. There are evil mages there that can be killed very easily with EVs, give plenty of fame and have decent loot too if you're looking for magery reagents and some gold.

Other than that, Illshenar Blood Dungeon. Two daemons spawn there with no other spawn around them and the respawn rate is quite quick. Check that out.

Cheers.

I

imported_Mark Trail

If you start at LORD or LADY and then die, it takes 13 kills of ogre lords to get your title back. Also the number is 50 kills from the time you reach Illustrious (level 4 fame) up to Lord/Lady.

Your paper doll does not update the title automatically, but your gray status bar does. Sometimes the status bar says "lady" and other players see "Lady" but the paper doll is out of date.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Paperdoll only updates when you close and open it again.

L

Lugh Simaldinach

The ice ogre lords will get you back to lady for sure. Takes maybe 30 or so for the last step up.

G

Dont Forget the Succubus in the Fan Dancer Dojo When At Glorious it Take 4-5 of These To Bring You Back