• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gah, I'll never get a Dread Warhorse

J

[JD]

Been looking for such a long time.

If anyone has one on Sonoma and is feeling generous, I'm looking to buy, Beg, Steal, or do the Worm. Thanks :)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JD,

Have you thought about using a couple of transfer tokens to go get one on another shard? Or does the extra expense and hassle just not make it worth it? I bet you'd have some luck on one of the more populated shards, if you've gotten no nibbles on Sonoma yet.

J

[JD]

Man I have tried posting on the sonoma board, posting on the west coast trade board (several times). I've even spammed at the bank. Sonoma just seems to be a "Hoarder" shard. No reason to sell anything if you've been playing 10 years and have tons of gold...

I have thought about going to another shard but 12.99 for 2 transfers seems prohibitively expensive for one pet. Alternately I could work a tamer up on another shard and then only transfer once, but then you are talking a huge time investment - taming raises super slow.

My last hope is that some kind Sonoma tamer who has a few still and has enjoyed my posts will help me out =)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck. Maybe someone will help you out, or maybe we'll see another event in-game that brings the dreads back again. I missed the whole Shadowlords invasion; would sure be nice to still be able to find and tame dreads. Lucky for me, as a newbie trainer, that there are plenty of taming and hunting challenges on the horizon to keep me busy for a loooong time. For example, I finally found a semi-decent lesser hiryu (3.8) last night and will enjoy taking him out for training once he bonds. Still lots of the biggies to learn how to tame and hunt with.

In any case, hope there's a dread in your near-future JD!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JD, I've got three on Sonoma on three different tamer characters, one on Pacific, and one on Napa. I'd help you out but I know what a perfectionist you are and, frankly, I doubt that any of those five would really be what you want. The ones on Napa and Pacific were someone's "rejects" that I found by the Moonglow Zoo and the stinkers took me nearly an hour to tame because of being previously owned.

Don't give up hope for being able to actually tame one of your own. It's been just about two years since the Vanguards were running around, so maybe the team will soon decide it's time to make them a permanent addition.

M

maroite

JD, I've got three on Sonoma on three different tamer characters, one on Pacific, and one on Napa. I'd help you out but I know what a perfectionist you are and, frankly, I doubt that any of those five would really be what you want. The ones on Napa and Pacific were someone's "rejects" that I found by the Moonglow Zoo and the stinkers took me nearly an hour to tame because of being previously owned.

Don't give up hope for being able to actually tame one of your own. It's been just about two years since the Vanguards were running around, so maybe the team will soon decide it's time to make them a permanent addition.
I hope they don't put them in as regular tames.

Not that I don't want JD or others to get one, but they're considered rare and valuable and I think it would anger some collectors.

What I would rather see is something else put in for a time, that is similar to the dread. That way the dread is unique, but it gives people a chance to have a similar pet.

That being said, they should make raptor's ridable and put in Void Tainted Raptors with similar stats as dreads! ;p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they don't put them in as regular tames.

Not that I don't want JD or others to get one, but they're considered rare and valuable and I think it would anger some collectors.
If it were me, I wouldn't care about this because I think EA's already catering to them far too much as it is.

I guess it's a good thing for the collectors that I'm not running the show!

:lol:

O

omgmir

I really have never understood the fascination with these things.

Ok I get that they are no longer obtainable and hence rare and expensive.. but what's so good about them?

If i'm running a two pet combo, what can I do with a dread warhorse that I can't do with a nightmare/beetle or bake/beetle?

Maybe i'm missing something.. but just looking at the numbers i'm not impressed. Not enough to go spend 40 mil on one.

J

[JD]

Beetle is incredible for offensive output but has low hp.

Dread Warhorse is basically a nightmare on steroids. It's basically a mountable regular dragon.

Functionally, they are more desired by PVPers because they are mountable, tough, and love to nuke

PVM may not care about them unless they are collectors

S

StaggerLeigh

Ugh, I feel your pain. I am not a powergamer and will never raise 100 million to get one. What I like about them is that they are a horse. I am not a huge fan of dragging around dragons and I hate Cu's. It does not make role playing sense to me to ride a giant dog or a hiryu. So I ride my trusty plain nightmare, and get him killed a few times per day.

They don't need to bring the dread mares back, but maybe make fire steeds actually useful. Or beef up nightmares just a tiny tiny bit. My poor plain nightmare gets his butt whooped constantly!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ugh, I feel your pain. I am not a powergamer and will never raise 100 million to get one. What I like about them is that they are a horse. I am not a huge fan of dragging around dragons and I hate Cu's. It does not make role playing sense to me to ride a giant dog or a hiryu. So I ride my trusty plain nightmare, and get him killed a few times per day.

They don't need to bring the dread mares back, but maybe make fire steeds actually useful. Or beef up nightmares just a tiny tiny bit. My poor plain nightmare gets his butt whooped constantly!
I agree completely about the cost of the dread mare and especially about the fire steed. They look great and the pack instinct is nice but they never were very useful. I would love to see them beef up the nightmare and the fire steed.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uo is a game of rares, and being a mount for tamers such a rare is high demand. In my opinion the tamer is the most popular and most common of pvmers and even of some pvpers. That is why your prices are so high. It also wasn't a super easy tame, as most creatures are. I feel your pain over not having one, but pretty soon they will spawn them, simply due to the fact that tamers are the most popular. the greater dragons just don't do it for me, i prefer to ride around not walk. I think we need a new 3 or 4 slot rideable pet to help get away from all the dreads and greater dragons....only i have no idea what it should be haha. Just respawning dread mares would be lame.

J

[JD]

Navery is vuln fire dmg as I understand it

I probably wouldn't want them tanking, but as supplemental dmg an archer/tamer with dual fire steeds and a fire bow could prove handy.

B

BlackJack13

I have a dread warhorse I'm selling on origin. icq 20727042