• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FYI your Pets damage taken color is now purple.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Toon damage is gold still

upload_2019-2-6_16-41-30.png

An Evil Pixie behind this?

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Someone asked for a change at the last Meet and Greet, so maybe they did change it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First i thought it changed to my Toons speak color. So I tried another toon.

Gold was better.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I don't have a tamer so I didn't know it was different.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I guess this is a change and not a bug. Pet damage taken is purple now.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't see why they don't just add an option so we can pick our own colours like almost every other text type. :confused: I'm guessing there's a reason for not doing it?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Don't see why they don't just add an option so we can pick our own colours like almost every other text type. :confused: I'm guessing there's a reason for not doing it?
It will add to more programming, for something not really hotly needed. This change is plenty nice, and if I may add, about time that you can clearly see the damage your pet is receiving..Nice addition. (Also not a fan of purple writing..ouch on the eyes, but still different..):)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It will add to more programming, for something not really hotly needed. This change is plenty nice, and if I may add, about time that you can clearly see the damage your pet is receiving..Nice addition. (Also not a fan of purple writing..ouch on the eyes, but still different..):)
Everything they add requires programming of some sort, I don't believe for a second changing the text colour is an intensive task. The logic is already there for manually changing the text colour of various entities already.

Don't get me wrong, the change is good, the incoming damage is more visible but like you it is not the colour I would have chosen. I would also have changed the outgoing damage colour to something more visible. That dark red just disappears on a busy screen.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything they add requires programming of some sort, I don't believe for a second changing the text colour is an intensive task. The logic is already there for manually changing the text colour of various entities already.

Don't get me wrong, the change is good, the incoming damage is more visible but like you it is not the colour I would have chosen. I would also have changed the outgoing damage colour to something more visible. That dark red just disappears on a busy screen.
But text color for pet dmg should litteraly be one line of code. Change it to a parameter and its customizable. Just need to add it to the settings gump. There is all kinds of other text color settings.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the color change based on guild/no guild, VvV, etc? Or is it purple for everyone?
Thanks.