• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FYI Regarding Account Cancellation "Options"

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just an FYI in case anyone else has been considering cancelling an account. The only option you get for cancelling an account is to cancel it immediately and forfeit any unused paid-up game time.

I was told by another player that I should get also get an option to cancel at the end of the billing cycle. I even submitted a question to EA's support area last night and got a response this morning that I would get two options: cancel immediately or cancel at the end of the billing cycle.

Unfortunately, neither party is correct. Immediate cancellation is the only "option" you actually get, even if the account is in "good" standing and paid up through the end of this year or January or February of next year.

I guess the message from EA and whoever is in control of the account management website is that if you want to cancel, they're more than happy to make it pain-free for you and cut off your addiction RIGHT NOW. No lingering and drawing out the pain of quitting.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont go yet! Go through the channels and try to get the decision on that acct ban reversed. If you leave who is gonna test things out of test center and spend hours like you did? Who is gonna spend countless hours writing up self help post for those of us that need help!
Wait a few days, Please!

M

Mulch

If you paid with a credit card you can consider a chargeback.
You get the money ea the account and both are happy.

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure that canceling will allow you to play until then end of the paid up term. I had a second account just roll off in July that I paid three months on back earlier this spring. The wording may be funny on the management site or it may be different if your not using a CC (not sure about this), but that is how it worked recently for me.

M

Mortharr/Revenge

"remove active billing information"

means they wont bill you at the end of the cycle

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just remove you credit card info and it will do the trick

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something must have changed then. I paid by credit card. Your only "choice" (not really a choice because it's all you can do) is cancel immediately and forfeit any unused time with no refund for it.

L

Lady_Mina

i'm sorry to sound bit pessimistic...

but i don't see 'ban reversal' happening soon.

They've banned too many people for the same reason...deleted their houses..
They've done too much damage now.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you're so damn scared, cancel your accounts and leave the forums. You repeating the same phrases over and over with slightly different wording isn't helping at all, nor will it change the devs' minds or make them do anything faster.

J

Jeremy

Tina (and others) just use the "Remove Active Billing Info" option on the Billing tab. That will prevent you from being charged at the next cycle but does not affect your current account status.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As mentioned, simply remove active billing, and the account will lock when the paid game time expires. Houses on the account will then IDOC 90 days after the paid time ends. To reactivate an account that has gone dormant in this way, just log in and add payment info again. I have never done it, but I am told a lot of people with multiple accounts routinely do this to "float" houses - taking care to activate the account before the IDOC stage, and only paying for a month every 90 days to keep their house up. They never got around to implementing the 30 day grace period to stop that procedure.

-Skylark

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not to argue with any of you, but I recently (in the last week) canceled an account because of the billing cycle and how it bills 5-7 days early. I had the option to choose between ending now and forfeiting and holding till end of billing cycle.

I jsut checked my options now.

If you go to the "Subscription Info Tab" then right at the top right under that there is a "Cancel subscription" link.

That will take you to this page where I go the following options:

Are you sure you wish to cancel this subscription?

I wish to cancel my subscription immediately and forfeit any remaining time on my billing cycle. I will not receive a refund for time unused.

I wish to cancel my subscription at the end of my current billing cycle.

Hope that helps.

J

Jeremy

That is correct, and it's not entirely intuitive. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the additional option - technically, it doesn't cancel your accounts at all, which is probably why it's not under "Cancel Subscription."

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a post stickied at the top of how to safeguard your acct. but there is no info there of how to protect it against ea!!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you actually believe the houses have been completely deleted, then you should go ahead and leave and not come back.

Y

Yalp

And when will you cancel your Stratics account and stop annoying us with your personal problems?
That is an ugly post and an ugly sentiment. I pray this doesn't happen to you one day.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Y

Yalp

Something must have changed then. I paid by credit card. Your only "choice" (not really a choice because it's all you can do) is cancel immediately and forfeit any unused time with no refund for it.
I wouldn't want to cancel my account immediately only to allow EA to keep my unused sum either. Thx for checking into it.

Yalpers!

M

MYUO

If your renew is almost due (within 2-3days) then you only get the option of canceling immediately.
If you still have 4-5 or more days left, you will have the option to cancel at the end of the billing cycle.

F

Flora Green

I just cancelled an account this morning and had both options. The account was due to be billed on the 18th.

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Argh yes they HAVE removed the "at end of current..." option!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*checks all three accounts*

I still have all said options I missed before.

Did you click your Sub. Info tab then click the "cancel Subscription" link that appears there?

G

gjohnson5

If you're so damn scared, cancel your accounts and leave the forums. You repeating the same phrases over and over with slightly different wording isn't helping at all, nor will it change the devs' minds or make them do anything faster.
kissing up to ea is helping either....

F

Flora Green

*checks all three accounts*

I still have all said options I missed before.

Did you click your Sub. Info tab then click the "cancel Subscription" link that appears there?
Same here. All three of mine have the option to cancel immediately or when the cycle ends. Two cancelled today will end on the 18th. My main I'm keeping is due to be billed two days from now and had both cancellation options.:coco:

T

timbeOFbaja

Hey if you don't need those houses on Baja anymore, feel free to give them to me before your subscriptions end. Aka, can I have your stuff. :)

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey if you don't need those houses on Baja anymore, feel free to give them to me before your subscriptions end. Aka, can I have your stuff. :)
Considering EA/Mythics current undertakings I would advise against taking anything free from anyone or buying anything anywhere. Just let it sit there and decay. I think we are going to see the end of the on going joke of, "Can I have yer stuff?"

People are fond of pointing the finger at anyone in or around Luna, but I know of several shops/players not even near Malas that dupe.

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have both options.
Maybe there is a reason you don't.
I know if you have already canceled your account by telling it you want to cancel at the end of the billing cycle them go back in again that you do not have that option again.

Just a thought.

K

kennykilleduo

Tina (and others) just use the "Remove Active Billing Info" option on the Billing tab. That will prevent you from being charged at the next cycle but does not affect your current account status.
That is correct, and it's not entirely intuitive. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the additional option - technically, it doesn't cancel your accounts at all, which is probably why it's not under "Cancel Subscription."
Your suppose to save our community , not tell us how to quit...;)

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just an FYI in case anyone else has been considering cancelling an account. The only option you get for cancelling an account is to cancel it immediately and forfeit any unused paid-up game time.

I was told by another player that I should get also get an option to cancel at the end of the billing cycle. I even submitted a question to EA's support area last night and got a response this morning that I would get two options: cancel immediately or cancel at the end of the billing cycle.

Unfortunately, neither party is correct. Immediate cancellation is the only "option" you actually get, even if the account is in "good" standing and paid up through the end of this year or January or February of next year.

I guess the message from EA and whoever is in control of the account management website is that if you want to cancel, they're more than happy to make it pain-free for you and cut off your addiction RIGHT NOW. No lingering and drawing out the pain of quitting.

You MUST be going to a different cancellation page than I went to. It was just fine yesterday and a few days ago. The one last week only had 3 days left before next billing cycle. I cancelled, took out the billing info and now that acct is closed. I have 58 days left on the other account.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you used a gametime code to pay your account you have only the choice to cancel immediately, since the cancellation at the end of your gametime is already inherited. So you will have only that choice in this case.
*Salute*
Olahorand