• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fun Finds and Evil Deeds

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just wanted to share a story. I thought it was pretty cool.

So I was at the Fel Yew gate on Atlantic doing backpack inspections as usual and I came across a cloak of corruption. I quickly stole it and ran away as I have done many times in the past. I had no idea what I had just acquired. After a quick Google I saw the effects of the cloak. For those that are not aware, the cloak of corruption lowers one's karma by 500 points every 3 seconds or so while also draining HP, MP, and stamina. I play an EJ account and I have no access to my bank with the current bug still in place so I had to do something with it. I am already a nefarious creature so the cloak is quite useless to me. Lately I have been unloading my stolen treasures at Haven bank no matter what the value so I dropped it there for quite some time and then I had a better idea so I picked it back up.

My plan was to tempt people into evil. So I went off to find some sucker to give this cloak to. My ideal candidate was someone with the fame to be Lord\Lady as I thought the idea of becoming Dread Lord/Lady in an hour or so would be quite appealing to quite a few people. It was quite the task however as I almost always play in character and most people don't seem to like to even talk to me. After an hour or so of looking, I found myself in Shame and found a player who would listen to what I had to say. His fame had earned him the illustrious title so I convinced him that dread would be much cooler(let's be honest, it is). I told him that all he would have to do is put on this magic robe for an hour or so and he would become dread. All the while I was laughing maniacally. Moooowaahahahahahaha! He took the robe and put it on. I watched as his HP slowly decreased down to almost nothing! Had I forgot to tell him of the little side effect of the cloak? Oopsies! I then realized that either the cloak can't kill you or he figured it out in just the nick of time. :sad3: Alas, he healed himself, thanked me for the cloak and asked if I wanted it back when he was done. I told him to pass it along to someone else when he was done with it. I also told him that he was not allowed to tell the next owner of the consequences of donning the cloak of corruption. Moooowaahahahahahaha! The chain of evil has begun!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
best way to cap your low karma for a Necro.
also not a half bad way to work up med/focus on a new player.
or, not a bad way to work up healing.
very passive.
over the years i have moved them around so i now have one on ever shard.
i have always found them very useful.

you can also trade them in with some thread to get the better hooded robes, the ones with HCI and such.

and you are correct, they will not kill you, they will take you down to 1hp and keep you there.