• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fun.. but..

C

CroMag1980

Only been a day and a bit but it's been fun but if I dismount and redline a guy I should get some reward not just the opportunist getting a killshot in.

Despite not being on vent with anyone (just xferred to atl) I thought I did ok but I have about 4 points to show for a nights work literally hours fighting. Call me a noob whatever but at this rate I will get to rank 4 sometime in 2012. Points should work more like murder counts than insurance reward (i.e. assisting not just the killshot).

Apologies if there's some important faction reason I don't know about for it being this way but atm seems to be geared towards kill steal/res kill/farming or uber pvpers who get a lot of straight up kills.

Also yes I was just roaming pvping which is frowned upon etc but I literally don't know any better yet and will read more about factions.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Hmm, nothing actually negative to say about this post. In fact that is not even a bad idea, I don't know how it would work but hey still a good start of an idea. What faction did you choose by the way? that is if you don't mind me asking. I have been fiddling about on atl for about a week or so now (no transfers tho just all new chars) and I know at that rate in some of the factions you will take awhile to get rank heh, mostly just curious about your faction choice, and again I agree it should not be the kill shot (tho some of my chars might end up being pointless do to such a change, but that's ok others can make up for it lol)

C

CroMag1980

TB as I knew where the guild stone was.

I didn't say remove points for the killshot I said those heavily assisting should get rewarded. My pvp experience is from champs/harries in a team and support chars can make a big diff but the current scoring doesn't seem to reflect that - then again I am not sure where I got the points I did get so maybe you do get some points after certain amount of damage - if so that needs tweaking.

The lack of other threads regarding this makes me think I am missing something obvious ^^

C

Cloak&Dagger

No I was agreeing with you that it should not be based on the kill shot alone, it should be on a damage type deal, tho again some of my chars would never get points with out that last minute kill shot heh, and no you are not missing anything just no one ever had that thought before I am sure, I had not even thought about it till i read this post. But it is true sometimes when you do all of the work just for someone else to finally kill the person, it could be a bit discouraging I suppose. The current system is solely by the kill shot, so you must have killed at least one person to get the points. Just keep up the good fight and you will get there eventually. Best of luck.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on one backwater shard i regularly reach 3000 points. On my main shard I find it hard to go below 400 points. I think the system is just fine.