• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fully trained legal mare goes from 5 - 3 slot????

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I login today (Napa) to find out that my fully trained nightmare is getting wrecked. I lore it and find out while all skills are maxed + bladeweave and magery mastery is still there, everything else (resists, stats, regens) has been reset and I'm back to a level 3 pet. I killed a bunch of nightmares to find a 2 slot and it's been wiped?

I know the next publish was supposed to take care of pets that exploited a bug to get more training points but no pets of mine were ever done that way, including this one. I'm extremely upset on this one. :(

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm are you sure you are looking at the correct Mare? The reason I ask is because the new Pub has not hit Napa yet.. it's still only on Origin, Izumo and Baja. At least according to UO.com that is still the case...

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, I'm definitely certain. In fact, I logged out sitting on him last night after helping a guildmate do the pit quests for Zippy.

I only have one mare on Napa. Interestingly enough, I checked my beloved untrained Chessy mare (the very first fighting creature I ever tamed) who I was not going to ever train since he was a 3 slot and he changed to a 2 slot. My LS mare, similar situation. I also could have sworn my Chessy fully skill trained rune beetle was a 4 and now is showing as a 3.

Did they do a pre release on pets to get ready for tomorrow's release or something??

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Did they do a pre release on pets to get ready for tomorrow's release or something??
Not that I know of or have heard of. The one pet I did that way on Atlantic is still the same as it was when I dropped the level. So a strange situation indeed. In the upcoming "fix" the only things that should be changed on them is the pets stats... at least that is how it was on Test Center when I copied that pet over. All the 120's, resists and advancements were still on it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh, I'm definitely certain. In fact, I logged out sitting on him last night after helping a guildmate do the pit quests for Zippy.

I only have one mare on Napa. Interestingly enough, I checked my beloved untrained Chessy mare (the very first fighting creature I ever tamed) who I was not going to ever train since he was a 3 slot and he changed to a 2 slot. My LS mare, similar situation. I also could have sworn my Chessy fully skill trained rune beetle was a 4 and now is showing as a 3.

The Napa mares sounds like what I encountered on Test regarding old mares reverting.

As for the Chesapeake mare, when you say it went from a 3 slot to a 2 do you mean on the lore page?

As has been posted on various forum posts, the exploit fix wasnt getting just exploited pets,, it was getting legacy and previously trained high natural spawning pets and reverting their skils, which is why it was important for tamers to test.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I login today (Napa) to find out that my fully trained nightmare is getting wrecked. I lore it and find out while all skills are maxed + bladeweave and magery mastery is still there, everything else (resists, stats, regens) has been reset and I'm back to a level 3 pet. I killed a bunch of nightmares to find a 2 slot and it's been wiped?

I know the next publish was supposed to take care of pets that exploited a bug to get more training points but no pets of mine were ever done that way, including this one. I'm extremely upset on this one. :(
Was this mare in the stables? and at what time of the day. Also when was this mare trained, do you remember it's starting str?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Napa mares sounds like what I encountered on Test regarding old mares reverting.

As for the Chesapeake mare, when you say it went from a 3 slot to a 2 do you mean on the lore page?

As has been posted on various forum posts, the exploit fix wasnt getting just exploited pets,, it was getting legacy and previously trained high natural spawning pets and reverting their skils, which is why it was important for tamers to test.
The Chessy mare was the first fighting animal I ever trained a VERY long time ago and was fully skill trained, i.e. all it's skills are 100, except parry (91.3) and detect (0). It's stats are 515 str, 125 dex, 125 int, 325 hp, 125 stam, 125 mana and the last time I checked it the Lore screen showed 3->5. Now it's showing 2->5.

I was bummed because I really wanted to train it for sentimental reasons but getting only 2 levels was disappointing.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was this mare in the stables? and at what time of the day. Also when was this mare trained, do you remember it's starting str?
Mare was not in the stable, I was riding it when I logged out last night at 11:30 pm eastern. This morning around 9 am eastern I logged in, went to kill some acid slugs to work bush (52.4)/ninja (51.3) with bladeweave (with consume running) and it was struggling bad. I recalled out, lored it and saw everything reset except the abilities and skills. It was a 5 slot, 0 pts left, fully done with all skills except bushido/ninjitsu (from bladeweave) maxed (no scrolls were used on it).

Here's last night vs today:

HP: 850 -> 313
Stam: 150 -> 105
Mana: 472 -> 115
Str: 700 -> 417
Dex: 150 -> 105
Int: 125 -> 115

MR: 30 -> 0
HPR: 20 -> 0

Physical: 73 -> 61
Fire: 73 -> 37
Cold: 73 -> 32
Poison: 73 -> 31
Energy: 73 -> 30

Now it's showing 3->5 "Begin Animal Training" and it looks like I did a round from a 2 slot but was only able to add bladeweave and magery mastery (NOT 1501 points worth of selections). As you can see from the stats above this was not an overpowered mare... no added abilities besides bladeweave and magery mastery, not a single power scroll used, and modest stats.

:(

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now it's showing 3->5 "Begin Animal Training" and it looks like I did a round from a 2 slot but was only able to add bladeweave and magery mastery (NOT 1501 points worth of selections). As you can see from the stats above this was not an overpowered mare... no added abilities besides bladeweave and magery mastery, not a single power scroll used, and modest stats.

:(

Yeah, this was a known issue on test center regarding two slot nightmares being caught up with the exploit code, other pets too. We went through our stables and brought it to the attention of bleak the ones we found and on the ones we tested nearly daily up til patch, it was fixed on them.

Pets that get caught in this will retain their skills and magical abilities, but their stats will reset to a random luck of the draw baseline stat set for their normal spawn stable slot count, nightmares being three. And their training grump rests like they have never been trained.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh fer crying out... well I guess if I'm the only one then I'll take my lumps, release this thing and go find another 2 slot to train up. *sigh* On the plus side at least I didn't burn a bunch of scrolls on it, I'd be extremely upset. I did check all my other pets and they're fine at least.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh fer crying out... well I guess if I'm the only one then I'll take my lumps, release this thing and go find another 2 slot to train up. *sigh* On the plus side at least I didn't burn a bunch of scrolls on it, I'd be extremely upset. I did check all my other pets and they're fine at least.

Would you mind keeping it for a few days, I can come grab it on napa and do some further testing on it. Or copy that char over to test center with the mare would work also.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm.. I tried to copy to test center and it won't let me select test center 1? I'll try again in 5 minutes (says I have to wait to try again.. doh!)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm.. I tried to copy to test center and it won't let me select test center 1? I'll try again in 5 minutes (says I have to wait to try again.. doh!)
Greetings All,

We are pleased to announce that Publish 98 will be deployed to Origin, Izumo & Baja by 2pm ET August 8, 2017 and we are targeting a World Wide release date of August 15th, 2017. We are also pushing a client patch for both the Classic and Enhanced Clients to address with stack splitting. Publish 98 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 or one of the first release shards to check out the latest update. Please note that some features will not be available on these shards, check the notes for full release details.

You may have gotten the publish.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you mind keeping it for a few days, I can come grab it on napa and do some further testing on it. Or copy that char over to test center with the mare would work also.
Still no luck getting to test center. If you want to see it on Napa, I'll be at the Luna stables for a while.