• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Full screen, windowed or...?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
windowed with 'show window frame' unchecked.

That's the one I use, and it's surprising how much difference it makes on my set up.

Anyone who plays windowed and is experiencing lag I recommend trying this option. It might not make as much difference on your pc as it did on mine, but on the other hand, maybe it will help.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I run windowed with Show Window Frame unchecked as well. Mainly because of my multiple monitor setup, it allows me to get a full-screen style view and retain the ability to jump over to the other monitors without bouncing back and fort between modes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I also do not use the window frame when running in windowed mode! Mainly just because i dont like the look and it does seem to help performance

O

Old Man of UO

I have the game window stretched across two monitors and have to have the "Show Window Frame" enabled. If I run full screen, I can only have the client on one monitor.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I have the game window stretched across two monitors and have to have the "Show Window Frame" enabled. If I run full screen, I can only have the client on one monitor.
You can turn the window frame off and inside the actual Setting file set the game window to stretch across multiple screens if you so wished. Of course there is no actual guarantee that it will help you any, I am not sure it does anything for me aside from it being more visually pleasing. :)

O

Old Man of UO

You can turn the window frame off and inside the actual Setting file set the game window to stretch across multiple screens if you so wished. Of course there is no actual guarantee that it will help you any, I am not sure it does anything for me aside from it being more visually pleasing. :)
I just got around to making this change to the UserSettings.xml file... it works great! Got rid of the window frame, but running full size without having to run full screen. It did drop the frame stuttering a bit, though no great game changer. I'm just glad I got rid of the window frame across my two monitors. My game window is now a full 1680x1050.

UserSettings.xml in the Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\ folder, under <Graphics> section:
<Graphics>
<Mode window_frame="false" fullscreen="false" />
<FullScreen width="1680" height="1050" />
<Windowed width="2960" height="1050" />