• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Full Ranger Armor [pic inside]

W

Wraith One

I will be selling this little beauty at the rares festival in 2 weeks pm me with any offers. Not including the container its in.

This armor has no mods whatsoever. 2 of the 6 pieces have a crafter's name. I would assume this was made from Ranger ingots. However the name does not specify the words "Ranger Armor".

This item is not one of the armor colors from the recent Town Faction Invasions. This is not Slime Dyed Platemail as it had to be "Enhanced". As you can see from the new picture These are not labeled with a colored metal.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

armor look really good.
How are armor made?
Melted ranger armor maybe?

If its legal and not to pricy it looks to good to not fit in my town.
:D

Regards
The Scandinavian

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think these may be illegal as i recall from fairly recent threads about ranger armor ingots and metal armor etc. Not 100% certain though.

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember picking up a tonne of hued armour at trinsic during the WoS - i have some this shade, plus an array of others - reds, blues etc.

You might want to make sure its not the stuff that was just all over the ground a few weeks back.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Zy'ana,

I dont know what WoS is but I guess you mean invasions.

I have myself tons of the invasion armor but dark green plate was not available during invasions.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
However, the color was available as a slime dye. If the invasion armor was slime-dyable, the non-exceptional pieces could have been made that way.

W

Wraith One

I grabbed this item from an IDOC on another shard long before the slime dye event took place. The invasion armor never came in Dark Green Platemail as I have near a full set of all invasion armor suits. I just added a second picture to the top showing the highlighted tags of the 6 pieces.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, the color was available as a slime dye. If the invasion armor was slime-dyable, the non-exceptional pieces could have been made that way.
You'd have to make it from colored ingots to slime dye it, and then the resists and other mods would reflect that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually , the colored armor from the invasion tells you that it's already made of a special material when you try to enhance it, so it might well have been slime dyable.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually , the colored armor from the invasion tells you that it's already made of a special material when you try to enhance it, so it might well have been slime dyable.
I didn't get that message when I tried to enhance some red invasion armor, a few minutes ago. Mine enhanced, so I got dull copper armor that is invasion red color.

Earlier this evening I tried to use Tokuno Dye on invasion armor and it said I could only dye enhanced items or artifacts.

Perhaps invasion armor was slime dyable. I have no idea. We didn't try it.

Wraith found the green platemail before the invasion. He first posted about it back on October 31st, in this thread, http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=110714.

BlissMarie

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that's weird.... I know the weapons are all definitely unenhancable, and I could have swore the armor was as well.

I guess, then, we WILL be able to use the invasion armor as basis for imbued suits after all...

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's weird.... I know the weapons are all definitely unenhancable, and I could have swore the armor was as well.

I guess, then, we WILL be able to use the invasion armor as basis for imbued suits after all...
Yeah, I was surprised to see that it enhanced, too, because I thought I had read that it wouldn't.

They must have changed something, because I just tried to enhance an invasion kryss with dull copper and was successful. I tried to enhance a second one and broke it.

BlissMarie

W

Wraith One

It's quite possible that this change was implemented right before or of the new slime event to prevent people from using the studded armor to make look alike ranger armor pieces. I'm not sure though would have to get confirmation from others about that.