• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frustration

• Thread starter Zsazsa Zee
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Z

Zsazsa Zee

I am experiencing a certain amount of frustration with EA Land. I realize that it is beta and that not everything is stable...but I haven't been able to play the game much. The new shortcut I created on my desktop works only occasionally.
This determines whether or not I can play the game...not me

Furthermore, the "second sim" shortcut I created only works in full screen mode, so I can't trade stuff from one sim to another. ( when I'm able to get on that is)
This isn't about how much I pay for my accounts because that is my choice....I can't play in EALand...that's where all my remaining friends are.
BTW...the above mentioned problems occur after updates.
If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. .....if not.....maybe I should just wait and suspend all my accounts for a few weeks. I don't like to associate the game with "frustration".

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Customizing your icons can be a painful process. It doesn't sound like you have all your shortcuts customized properly.

Check all the possiblities available to you Here

S

Sativa L

It took me many attempts to get my both my tso and tsoclient shortcuts back the way i want them.. windows lol.

Now, they work ok in EALand but if I log into TSO its full screen lol

what i have is:
C:\EALand\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe -r800x600 -w
C:\EALand\TSOPatch\TSO.exe "-AppArgs: -r800x600"

It was Gracies (thanks *again* for your help! ) suggestion that helped with the App part of my shortcut, but this would not work with the client version.
It took me days of various combinations of targets to get the client one that worked.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Ty Sati for responding to my cry for help.
I wish I had more confidence in computer related issues. As is,.....I find all the changes to my shortcuts and patches overwhelming.
Gracie has been awsome
...really a great help.
I do, however, dream of the days when all I had to do is deal with an update and then I could just PLAY

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do, however, dream of the days when all I had to do is deal with an update and then I could just PLAY

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....and then sure as sunrise, someone else will be angry, upset, or bored and wish there was more exciting happenings.

A

amcradio03

i too thought i was intially having a problem with the icons. Im using windows vista, and for some reason i have to right click the icon and click on "run as administrator" when i do that the game will run. Otherwise im clicking and clicking with nothing happening. It might be the same as XP not sure. Hope this helps.