• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fruit no longer gives skillpoint - Glitch or what?

D

DGLita

I have 4 fruit trees set aside for my maxed skill sim but each time she eats a fruit she isnt keeping the skill.

I just tested it out. Charisma was 18.46, everything else is maxed. She ate a fruit and went to 19.46. Left the house, when to another and charisma was back to 18.46. This has now happened twice.

Just tested another sim who has skilled with books from 3.98 to 5.38 on mech. Left the house then returned and skill was still at 5.38.

So this is just affecting skill points from fruit. Beware spending money on fruit until we understand what is happening, or until this is fixed

G

Did you see the post about the "5 minute" bug? There is an issue with greening where if you leave a lot right after greening, it will look like you didn't green at all. I would think it would work both for greening and skills.

D

DGLita

no, and i keep the fruit at my store

Im trying it again now, and giving my sim at least 5 minutes before she leaves. Ill let you know the result. I have fully green ed her up there too, so will be interesting to see if she keeps the green too

D

DGLita

I left her for a good 12 to 14 minutes and she arrived at the next lot full green and with the 2 new skill points intact.

So it looks like a kind of lag. Ive noticed there is less lag on entering lots now, maybe they have adjusted it this way, so that the last 5 minutes or so is the lag. Means we need to green up for work at least 5 real minutes before leaving for work, what does that translate into sim hours? 2 maybe?

Edit, does this 5 minute or so delay also apply to money earned at the factory? I will have to watch this carefully

D

DGLita

Thanks Gracie, you would think after 5 years of playing this I would know lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm not sure how sim minutes translate to rl minutes...something to test out.

Edit to add: Wow only 5 rl min to an hour sl. I guess that sounds right...lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

1 sim hour = 5 rl minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could have sworn it was always said 1 sim hour = 15 RL minutes, 4 sim hours = 1 RL hour
Gonna have to test it I guess.

T

Tristan Lewis

well i do know 1 sim minute = 6 rl seconds so doing the math 1 sim hr should = 6 rl min.????
CROSS POST:

I beleave this has to do with the 5 min. bug, meaning you have to wait 5 real life min. after doing anything before leaving a lot. It just dawned on me that yesterday well skilling my wife and i let our sims time out. Upon reloging in we got a message saying we got to 9 in logic. But after landing to start skilling we noticed we were only at 8.93.