• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa Frostwood

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

Just a quick post about Frostwood.

Had a look in various places about it but I think the resources don't quite tell the full story about this particularly rare wood.

Anyone know what it is best used for ?

It looks like bows however what I find unusual is that it has no additional armour properties from what I can gather.

This is unusual because it is a top of the range wood.

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me ?

Surely it has an armour property too !

Thanks,
Loriel

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes this is what I was looking at when I wrote that question.

I still believe there is more to be gotten out of wooden weapons/armour than people are achieving at the moment.

Potentially wood is the best material to use because it has those bonuses naturally built in and with the runic saws etc they can top the range in crafting.

Going to have to look into this further.

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes I've looked into it a bit more the frostwood gives various bonuses to resist on armours that other woods do not which can be useful as an alternative to bloodwood.

Actually mate there is something else... I found some white wood boards today I think they are from an event but I don't know which one....

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my mate has carved up a message board using them and also has some arrow shafts

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO doesn't consider them as any type of board including regular boards, So I honestly don't see them being used to create an message/bulletin board. I have tried creating various craftables with them in the past (I haven't tried a message board, which is 50 boards? =not rly worth it) however none of the craftables succeeded due to the fact that I had no "accountable" boards in my backpack. As for arrow shafts, yeah I do see that. but again, Not increasing nor decreasing the value at all. Pretty pointless either way.

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know how she did it but come look at in Europa north of Luna. It looks pretty cool like something from outer space. You are Europa right ?

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am all servers, but yeah that's ok. Bulletin boards are also dyable.
I myself have a lot of those minor-rare boards. Ill give them a shot myself and see what Happens.