• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

#@$%$!!!!! Frost Dragons!!

J

jegilber

So...I solo'd a L7 T map today, and I now HATE Frost Dragons...

Even after being Disco'd I had to pull out my GD 4 times to kill one..unfortunately there were 2 as guardians and 3 more that popped up while trying to examine the treasure...

GEEZ!!!!

How are tamer/thunters dealing with this?

I was think a WW or a CU to have better cold resist...

Any thoguhts?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i tried solo one and couldnt with a greater dragon - i might have been able to if i had spellweaving on and use word of death.
got it down to a sliver many many times but it keep flying around healing back.
after awhile the chest disappeared.

now i dont solo level 7s in brit lands

J

jegilber

I was able finish...killed all of them...but it was tough...I had to keep them disco'd. I was not able to vet as to get close enough led to cold auora damage, then I would get targeted...I dont have any med and only like 6 or 7 MR...so I kept running out of mana, so GD and I had to run away heal up, go back, re-disco, and attack again...Took over an hour to take them all out...

YUCK!

I think I will train up Provo, so I can have it clear out all spawn, and if there's 2 they can kill each other and I can only deal with the last one standing...

I guess I'll still need the GD to kill the ones that spawn when I am getting the loot though...Ughh...

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Collosus works great for me. No taming/lore/vet needed.

Now you want HARD!!!!! Go do a 7 in ishl.....them Renegade Changlings. Man...then thing make the Travesty look easy.

Q

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly didn't think they were all THAT bad, tough yes but we cleared a L7 map on siege just fine with 2 mages, my suit wasn't much more than a simple LRC suit (average 40-50 resists, fire bumped to 70 to help open the chest without remove trap)

just have high enough med to keep summons up as they kill them and they're not all that hard.

YouTube - Level 7 T-Map on Siege Perilous (UO)

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly didn't think they were all THAT bad, tough yes but we cleared a L7 map on siege just fine with 2 mages, my suit wasn't much more than a simple LRC suit (average 40-50 resists, fire bumped to 70 to help open the chest without remove trap)

just have high enough med to keep summons up as they kill them and they're not all that hard.

YouTube - Level 7 T-Map on Siege Perilous (UO)
Ya missed a trick with that video. That video would gone perfectly with the Benny Hill music :p YouTube - Benny Hill Theme

And I think I did one of the first Level 7s on Siege, just after it came out. Was a pancake solo. Thankfully my Dragon Slayer Myst helps finish the dragons off but still takes a long time.

I recently did a Level 7 in Tokuno and it was pretty easy. Had no problems at all solo.

Also, I like to use Enhanced Client to look through the chest. Saves me picking up other items to see whats good. Only do it for Level 7 Felucca maps as I don't want to summon more Frost Dragons if i can help it :p

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tame a better GD i have done a heap of them with my greater drag with no disco and no prob just be sure to get a gd with 900+ hp and huge wrestle and good resists!

And yeah them renagade changelings suck big time!!