• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Frost Dragon

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My tamer/t-hunter not gone up against one solo in a few years. From what I remember, it was a LONG fight and my chest disappeared shortly after I killed it so I didn't get to go through everything. Any suggestions on killing it quicker?

My Skills:
115 Taming
115 Lore
110 Vet
100 Magery
90 Med
100 Carto
100 LP

My Greater:

GD1.jpg

gd2.jpg

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Option 1, tame it, sell it, use it
Option 2, use a different pet, will have to look up damage type for the frost dragon, but assuming it's at least 50% cold, if not 100. Gd has low cold resist...
Sure others will add more
:)

Falcon

Visitor
Greater Dragons are no longer the best choice for a tamer to use in PvM. A well trained Cu Sidhe, Hiryu, or Beetle (Rune, Giant or Fire) would serve you much better. As mentioned above, you can also tame the frost dragon (which is stronger on average than a GD) and use it afterward.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In fact, the Frost Dragon is probably a better pet in most regards than the GD. It's a good fallback pet for general stuff, but once you get lower pets trained to 5 slot, they tend to be better.

As for beating it, a pet with rune corruption or AI would be good.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gate in a disco mystic mage on a second account if you can - casting RCs and disco, frost dragons die quickly

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tamer/t-hunter not gone up against one solo in a few years. From what I remember, it was a LONG fight and my chest disappeared shortly after I killed it so I didn't get to go through everything. Any suggestions on killing it quicker?

My Skills:
115 Taming
115 Lore
110 Vet
100 Magery
90 Med
100 Carto
100 LP

My Greater:

View attachment 78080

View attachment 78081
What I do is luring any spawned Frost Dragons away from the chest for a few screens. They don't have the guardian tag and won't teleport back. By not having to focus on killing them you have more time for the chest. The dragons won't despawn for a while.

Once I'm done with the t-chest I don myself in an all 70's suit and beat them down to an inch with spells and a Greater Dragon, then tame them and sell them on my pet vendor in Magincia.