• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frost dragon

pwnedurass

Visitor
So I am new to taming. I bought a frost dragon, I wanted to train it but it doesn’t show a training progress bar like it did on my nightmare. How do I train a frost dragon or why won’t it train?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most start at 5 slots.

Only the really low stat ones can be 4 slot and trained.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the skills start at max on those. You cant train it. It is already 5 slots.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the skills start at max on those. You cant train it. It is already 5 slots.
Skills of frost dragons behave exactly like those of greater dragons ... they drop through taming by 28% and can be retrained up to 90% of the wild values! Stats get halved through taming.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So I am new to taming. I bought a frost dragon, I wanted to train it but it doesn’t show a training progress bar like it did on my nightmare. How do I train a frost dragon or why won’t it train?
So Frost dragons are super pets:
Almost 99.9% are 5 slot pets so you will NOT train them in the new pet training system unless you are one of the very extremely few that got a 4 slot one, dont count on that. So it seems you have a 5 slot one since you do not get the trainig bue button on the lore page.
Not all is lost: They are absolutely awesome:
Their starting stats are some of the best in the game and make super pets: Their dex and stam train to 125,
their Wrestling is usually overcapped and can be 120+, and what is cool their TACTICS also they come usually overcapped sometimes at 120, AND his PARRY will always train to 120! Just be patient and train it.
For other pets you need to cash in 20M for Wres 120, and tactics 120 another 20 M, Parry 120 another 20 M if you can even find them in some shards like GL etc. So you got the value of a pet worth 40-60 M in scrolls easily, for the price you paid.
It does magery and cold damage, and fires a breath spell that kicks *ss, since its hit points are usually good, sometimes over 1000.
Dont get upset about the no new taming part.
Train him on the shadow ele in the Tokuno mine. Also Sphynx, and as he advances take him to Swoop.
You will like him very much after he gets skilled more. He will do well against mobs susceptible to cold damage.
It is a great starting pet, esp if you dont have like 200 Million in the bank for power scrolls!

Last edited:

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry to 'bother' but I have a rather great "frosty", that seem to be stuck at 114.2 parry unfortunately - tried in several whispering rounds but no luck ;-\

FD_parry_04.jpg

[EDIT]... although I also have a 2nd "frosty" on another shard, that went up to 120 parry without problems ...[/EDIT]

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
sorry to 'bother' but I have a rather great "frosty", that seem to be stuck at 114.2 parry unfortunately - tried in several whispering rounds but no luck ;-\

View attachment 76818

[EDIT]... although I also have a 2nd "frosty" on another shard, that went up to 120 parry without problems ...[/EDIT]
Any pet that has GM+ wrestling can spawn with natural overcapped parry as well. Most likely your one frosty has a cap of 114.2. Unfortunately, you cannot see these natural parry caps (even in EC), you just kinda have to skill them up until it stops gaining.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 76818

The UI now shows caps. My Frost Dragon can go to 128.4 Parry.