• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) From The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood, Atlantic, Tram... about a special friend from Pac.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

(Copy from Atlantic Shard Section)

A very special thank you to Mesanna and EM Roenick of Atlantic.

[bcolor=transparent] [/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Today... a new memorial was placed at the “Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood”, Yew, Tram, (Atlantic).[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent](It reads)[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]In Memory of Jessica Lea Mason[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]“Lady Kahlan” of Pacific Shard and visitor to Atlantic.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]July 27, 1978 - March 26, 2018[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Beloved Friend & Sister[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]May she rest in blissful peace.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Shocked... I only found out yesterday, 1/17/2019 after looking for her almost since the day she died.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]It just tells you how amazing of a “thing” UO really is... when you can meet and know people anyplace all over the world. Having one big thing in common, it's easy to find other things and build a friendship that lasts for years. Sometimes you struggle in the same was with issues in life. Sometimes you share the same passions. Even if someone is a great lover of dogs... and you hate dogs, but you have the same passion for cats. You help each other out in the game and spend time playing together. I could give you dozens of reasons why I liked and knew Jessica... or some people knew her as “Kahlan”. She mainly lived on the Pacific Shard, however visited to Atlantic. I’m not even sure how I met her years ago. It's not all that important. When the world was more populated and busy, I know we enjoyed going to rares festivals together. We shared the art of mastering vendors... and owning malls. Hers still stands in the north side of Luna, on the inside, just slightly west of the north gate of the city. A memorial stands just near the Desert of Compassion, by the crossroads, along the road... on Pacific. Even the location of her official memorial was a bit of a laugh considering the shock of finding out of her death. The very first standing Red & Purple Mini Mall was located just a few screens west of that point on Atlantic.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]And yes... the way the cosmic forces act can be amazing at times. Being hidden, stocking vendors last evening... I was called out by someone wishing a vendor space. I hardly ever stock in the evening, doing most the work in the morning as I wake up. This new friend and her husband play and they get around the other shards quite a bit. That’s how I found out. “Surely it can't be true! Someone barely 40 doesn’t just die in her sleep.” But it was. I came back to full-time play at the very start of September after playing part time these last 4 years. Mainly, collecting BODs for Jessica every day. I was still on ICQ. Still chatting with friends. I’d collect gifts as they came. Just, because of so much loss... I wasn’t sure I wanted to come back. Then I got sick in real life... so I found myself playing full time. Funny, that’s how I got started originally! Still, after visiting with these new friends that broke the very bad news... after months of waiting for my friend to come back on ICQ... and being gone from this Earth, I went to Pac to check the exact name of the vendor house. I wanted to post the question on the Pac section. As many times as I visited Pacific shard... looking for goods, looking for her. I never saw anyone near the mall. Last night? Someone was stocking a vendor! Cosmic amazing stuff. And yes, she knew Jessica. Another double edge sword. When you wish a small story isn’t true... and it is. I even found her obituary online.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]It's true. I’m still in shock... but at least I know. Nothing worse then never knowing. Sending a Christmas card that never comes back... that the letter inside was never answered. Maybe someone will respond someday. I’m sure it's a bit odd to know a loved one has so many friends so far away... connected by a game.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]So again, I thank our wonderful staffers who allow these in-game memorials. The bulk was built this early evening and can be seen right next to Lord Kraken’s memorial by the Red & Purple Plant Shop. If anyone knew him, his shop used to be near the Yew Moongate, however was lost a few years ago. His stone will last the rest of these days... in the place he loved so much.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Please come around... have a look... pay your respects. REMEMBER those who have fallen before us. Honor them. Love them. Not exactly easy to hug someone in game... but do so mentally.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Thank you.[/bcolor]