• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] From the HoC transcript

D

debsmad

Eeuuw....can you imagine big ol' fire red hedges and cypress trees? Maybe if only the smaller, flowery types were included....

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm adding the new plants to the Naturalist quest but you will only be getting them in black or white. Not the other neon colors. The flowery cactus though will continue to be available in fire color as well as the old ones. Note that the black & white hues through the Naturalist quest will only apply to the new plants. For the old plants, you will need to continue hoping for a mutant.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm adding the new plants to the Naturalist quest but you will only be getting them in black or white. Not the other neon colors. The flowery cactus though will continue to be available in fire color as well as the old ones. Note that the black & white hues through the Naturalist quest will only apply to the new plants. For the old plants, you will need to continue hoping for a mutant.
Will the black and white seeds be available in the first part of the quest, after we visit the 5th nest, or both? Thanks for adding them to the quest. :D

N

Ni-

Ahh, interesting indeed. I was kind of hoping for fire hedges for a nice huge 'forge' look for deco purposes. The white and black new plants will be much appreciated! Now, how will they be delievered? Will they be randomized in the Pink/Purple/Agua set or will Fire Red seeds have to compete with the White/Black seeds? Or will there be a separate step needed for the Black/White seeds?

Thanks for your 'Plant' work!
:D

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Sakkarah :)

*can't wait to have a checkerboard hedge maze* hehehe

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, how will they be delievered? Will they be randomized in the Pink/Purple/Agua set or will Fire Red seeds have to compete with the White/Black seeds? Or will there be a separate step needed for the Black/White seeds?
You will have to do the 5th nest for a chance at the black or white seeds. And it should be a 1 in 3 chance of getting fire, black or white.

N

Ni-

You will have to do the 5th nest for a chance at the black or white seeds. And it should be a 1 in 3 chance of getting fire, black or white.
That's logical, because they are special and stimulate the usage of green thorns, which come from the first set of plants. I was also thinking that I, personally, like the idea of dark red and dark green plants, for deco purposes. Just something to mull over but what about the possibility of adding the new plants in those colors(possibly others) to the Pink/Purple/Aqua level of the Naturalist quest? I can understand any limitations you might be under or if you don't feel it would be worth it/necessary. Just tossing out an idea...

Thanks for the quoted answer!

:bowdown:

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:love:

YAY thanks so much!! I'm already dreaming of Halloween and Christmas deco using the new plants in black and white...

Thank you thank you!! :D

D

DHMagicMan_1

So we'll have the option of 1 to 17 in Fire through nest five and 18 - 34 in Black or White also through nest five... if we do only the first four nests we'll still get the "normal" special seeds in pink, aqua and magenta and only in the original plant set? Is that correct? Not upset, just want to understand.

Thank you very much for giving us the added colors and variety you have, and listening to our feedback!

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we'll have the option of 1 to 17 in Fire through nest five and 18 - 34 in Black or White also through nest five... if we do only the first four nests we'll still get the "normal" special seeds in pink, aqua and magenta and only in the original plant set? Is that correct? Not upset, just want to understand.

Thank you very much for giving us the added colors and variety you have, and listening to our feedback!
Correct for the most part. We may still get the 4 barrel cactus as fire also.

D

debsmad

Oooh, this black/white could be fun! Luckily, I quite enjoy running the quest over and over and over. (I've seen posts that many people don't have the patience for it. lol) And luckily I've been growing oodles of green thorn plants lately out of boredom. Whee!

:)

T

Teeshy

*starts planting more bright green plants*

Hee hee, black and white will be very groovy! Not quite as psychadelic as multi coloured (I have a fondness for the aqua coloured plants, and the magenta - some of the magenta are REALLY dark, that's a nice shade ;) Though I don't generally speaking, like the coloured plants much) but still will be nice in black and white =)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Will the bug that does not allow the new plants to be tended while locked down after day 7 be fixed?

Thanks for the new colors!

C

Callie

Yes, thanks for the great info! Time to gear up to do the naturalist quests again and again and again.....
I have green thorns saved for such an occasion! *Rummages thru chests* OOH! and more bright green seeds! Outstanding.

Really would like that not-tending thing to be fixed, tho.... :)

V

Vertigo

Would somebody post a link on what quest we must do to get these new seeds? Thanks in advance! :)

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would somebody post a link on what quest we must do to get these new seeds? Thanks in advance! :)
http://uo.stratics.com/content/quests/naturalist.php

when the new seeds are added, you'll want to visit all 5 nests (what is currently listed as the way to get the fire seed)

also, if you haven't ever run the friend of the hive quest (forget it's exact name) you might want to take the time to run that now. It makes it tons easier to run the naturalist (seed) quest because none of the ants will attack you.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I think the "Solen Matriarch" is the one that makes you a "Friend"