• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

From the Desk of Commander Kanlocke

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am mostly recovered from my Blackrock poisoning, though I have lost most of my sense of taste. Regardless, know that I am well enough to resume control over the guard.
I have many requests to form new regiments. The Guard is growing stronger by the day.

A list of prospective regiments:

Royal Navy in Serpent's Hold. Captain : Victoria Navarre

Royal Guard in Moonglow. Captain : Grimmjow

Royal Guard in Yew. Captain : Dallen Bowsong

Spy Regiment in Skara Brae : Malachi

Royal Guard in Luna: Lady Flutter

Royal Guard in Luna: Zuckuss
----
In order to obtain official captaincy status over your regiment, I will require the following from each prospective captain.

A test of strength - I will pit your regiment against captured monsters to determine your strategic skill and battle prowess.

A Captain's interview - Why are you more able to preside over a regiment than others? Will your regiment respect your authority, and thus the authority of the commander? Discuss a detailed battle plan for your prospective town protectorate.

A list of regiment troops, a list of houses owned by regiment troops in your towns area. Numbers and strategic outposts are necessary in wartime. Protecting your home, loved ones, adds extra incentive to protecting a town.
-------

OOC Notes -

1) The list of regiment troops/houses should be a physical in-game book given to the commander during interview.

2)The troops participating in the test of strength must be under one tag. Tags for town protectorate status are not limited to RBG_. An existing guild can act as a RBG regiment without having RBG in the tag. They will be under the RBG them, however, and will answer to the commander in an RP sense.

3) A lone individual is not acceptable to start a guard. Town numbers are finite; therefore groups are needed so everyone has a chance to participate. (I'm not asking for a huge guild here, but have a handful of players for certain. Numbers will play a part when more than one individual asks for RBG status over a town)

4) Be honest in your numbers and with those participating in your test of strength. Everyone will be documented, and each member will be expected to participate in their guard theme.

5) Current regiments are grandfathered in these rules, the guard is always evolving, so I won't hold that against prior regiments.

6) Magincia, in its current state, is not accepting a regiment. There is nothing much to protect.

7) This takes a lot of effort on the parts of Mesanna and I. If you aren't interested in participating, or are just here to see a headquarters erected, please don't apply for captaincy of a town.

8)Headquarters will take effort to acquire. These aren't things that will be simply handed out. They are -not- decoration. They will not be extensive. Keep that in mind when working toward your regiment.

9) Captains on this list, get in contact with me through email to provide a time we can do the tests! [email protected]

Thank you,

Kasaven

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captain Kanlocke,

I was greatly pleased to hear of your recent recovery and that you are well on the road to full health and vigor. This is not only glad tidings for the RBG, but for all the people of Sosaria. A military unit is only as strong as their commander after all.

As to your request to prospective guard captains, I had found myself with the need to withdraw the formal request last week.

The Yew area is not like many of the bustling towns of the land. We are mostly back woods folk, concerned more with the daily well being of our crops and children. We have in the past had need to defend Yew, the court of Truth, and the Village of Aegis from attack, but this was mostly achieved with the aid of friends, and our local militia.

One of your requirements to be an official guard is a test of strength, and a list of all who serve in our guard. That is impossible to provide. We are a militia of the people, and in that right, we are as many or as few as those citizens who heed the call when needed.

A test of strength? We are as strong as the hearts of those who rise to protect hearth and home from invaders of all sorts. Our strength lies in the hearts of our people, and cannot be measured at the point of a blade alone.

We are Silverwood, Aegis, Everthorne, Rangers of the Heart, Freehold of Roses, Rogues of Shadowmoor and many others who call the woods their home. And while we pledge our strength to the protection of the land we love, I fear it is impossible for us to use a military measure on our citizens.

It is my sincere wish that the Royal Guard flourish under your lead, and that those of good intent flock to your banner. Should need arise, and the threat of evil lay heavy at the doors of Sosaria, you have but to call on us, and we shall respond.

Yours in Honor and Justice,

Dallen Bowsong-Yew Militia, Northern Area Council

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My questions are...
  • Can a player who is a member of 1 regiment, apply to Captain another regiment with different characters or have different characters in multiple regiments? I think that would bring about more drama.
  • Is there a way to like on other shards I've played for EM's to measure attendance? In other shards, EM's have a tool to measure account ID's. This is also helpful in the distribution of special attendance RBG-only items on other shards.
  • Can you instate a way to have "inactive" regiments be replaced? After all, a Commander would replace Captains if they do not do their jobs.

Thanks.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By what standard(s) would EMs determine inactivity?

Is CoD intending to participate in the EM RBG program?
The activity measure is already done on Great Lakes. They have a program to do so. I was mearly asking if that is something they can do also here on Catskills. How exactly it works, I am not sure, but a good question for the EMs of this shard. My husband and I have played GL before and its how I know.

COD had already participated in the EM RBG program by standing a regiment in Umbra, but we decided to continue as an independent militia for the town of Umbra. My questions are on behalf of all players of the shard, which includes COD members. I am senior officer of COD/TLP (the community).

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's great, and I do believe that was a requirement of the EM's for them to manage and support that theme.

On other shards, RBG is set up very differently... some have just one guild, under one "Captain" or GM and that works for those shards. EM's then just support that GM's interaction and events. I think that's great, when all can get along and there is a trust among people that play under that one, united tag. However, that's not the case on Catskills. It was far more beneficial to the shard to split up, and Captains run their own stones the way they want.

However, some folks still did not wish to participate. For COD/TLP, other endevors took precedence and we basically had to beg Pandora to remove us. We had set up a militia and always, since returning, maintained one for the city of Umbra before we were ever approached to join the RBG guild. We had to put it on hold, however and spin up new characters to join the main guild. Some of us internally did not like that. But we cannot ask everyone to understand our internal guild protocols, those are ours and ours only.

I personally do not believe that everything must be open to all and everyone. Many in COD/TLP share that ideal with me. We have full freedom to do whatever we wish to do with our TLP guilds in DAOC and WoW, and we feel we should have that freedom here in UO as well with COD. We would not have gotten as big and as successful as we had been before departing if we did not have that same freedom. I think its wise to respect everyone's individual opinions and decisions.

Good luck with RBG, its done very well for itself. :thumbup1: