• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Friends and Allies (Complete Storyline)

Old Timer

Adventurer
Part 1 of 3

*Clank*, *Clank*, Clank* The sounds of a hammer on metal, with a few curse words sprinkled in. Phaedrin was busy at his forge. Working on his skill at crafting armor pieces. He had a couple piles going. One for the "keep" items, and one for melting down back to ingots. Things were not going particularly well this day. The reclaim pile was much larger, and growing by the piece.

Piram watched, and tossed a small piece of scrap Phaedrins way. "Keep that up, and I'll never be properly armored!" Phae looked up, frowning.... "Care to try? You're the one gotta wear it."
Piram shook his head emphatically NO. "Don't be so serious, you know I jest." But Phaedrin did not look overly convinced of that.

Later on, Piram was out scouting and looking for supplies. He had heard of a crafter town some ways south from Luna City. That was where he was headed. Intending to bolster the supply stock and possibly get some guidance for his poor brother.

Upon reaching the town, a rather pleasant little place, Piram found the merchants bazaar and begin looking over the goods presented. A friendly voice behind him spoke up, " What can we do for you traveler?" Piram turned, and the fellow's eyes widened a bit, "Thou art a Knight?!" Piram responded, "Was once, a long time ago. Now I'm just a citizen here, like yourself. Speaking of, who might you be then?"

The smiling, friendly fellow responded, "I am Magic Hands, at your service good sir."

Piram smiled broadly, "A nice town you have here, does it have a name?" Magic Hands replied gleefully, "This is the home of the UWSP clan. The United Workers of Siege Perilous. We are a community of crafters, and we are quite adept in all of the arts of making and building. Would you care to see the town?"

Piram clasped the fellow on the shoulder, "I would indeed. Lead on!"

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Magichands was in the hall of the Town's Inn with Lady Tanager and Lord Nightwind. They were discussing about the Inn project and the Birthday Party of the Town. As usually Lady Tanager was organizing everything and in her voice there was a little of worry:
"We are late with the project and i'm not sure if we can finish everything for the party !"
Magichands smiled after those words thinking about how UWSP Town and guild was lucky to meet Lady Tanager... Since the first day she joined,she began to organize everything in a perfect way... And so he was sure also this time, she will find a way to fix everything.
Smiling he answered: " I'm sure you'll find a way... You do always my Lady... But maybe you can ask the help of our Lord Nightwind... I think he has some free time, isn't?"
Turning on himself Lord Nightwind said:
"Sure that i can help but i can't see the problem... We have food, we have chairs and we have booze so the party will be perfect !"
A strong laugh started to fill the room:
"Without forget those beatiful Ladies that will join us and that you'll try to make happy! One day we'll find an horde of angry husbands in front of our gates, asking me your head ! "answered Magichands.
Saying that Magichands turned on the hall's windows because his attention was attracted by a horse sound and by the man riding it... He checked better and after some seconds he said:
"I can't believe... So the voices were true !... Sorry my friends but i need to go to the market square" After said that, he run off from the inn leading to the market...
Going near to the man he checked better to be sure... Those colours, their Sign...
"It's true.... They are come back!!!"...
When he was near the man he said:
"What can we do for you traveler?" and thinking " Interesting times wait us! KSS order is back!"

Last edited:

Old Timer

Adventurer
Part 2

Piram sat there, regarding the rather large mug of ale with both amazement and apprehension. Tanager insisted he have the large, or rather pitcher sized, mug before him. Magic Hands sat across the table from him, smiling very big. Nightwind sat to his right. He had already downed a mug, and was working quickly on the second.

On completion of the town tour, in which Magic Hands pointed out key points of interest and providing some history, citizens Tanager and Nightwind joined Magic Hands and Piram at the tavern. Tanager was a slim lass, confident and friendly in demeanor. Nightwind, a stout man. Showing the signs of toiling as most crafters do. He was a jovial man, not at all as serious as he looked.

"Well", Nightwind asked, "you waiting for someone to come by and spill that? Drink up friend!" Picking up his own mug and taking a long draw right after. "Yes, please do. I make that myself you know..." Tanager prodded. "Well lass, this mug is larger than a Mongbat. Would leave me senseless I fear" , Piram replied. Nightwind piped up, "Nonsense boyo, and you might hurt the gals feelings. Better to be in the gutter than to risk her wrath! At least, it's what I think." At that, Piram gave in. "Very well then", and took a big drink. "Oh, that is good" he responded, wiping his mouth on his tunic sleeve. "My girl, you have some skill!" Tanager responded, "Yes I do. It's the best in the land."

Magic Hands, who had been watching the exchange finally saved Piram, "Now let's not drown the man on his first visit! We have much to discuss, and a clear head will be needed." "Aye", Piram agreed, "During the tour, I believe we were discussing an alliance and some instruction for my brother Phaedrin. Yes?"

Last edited:

Old Timer

Adventurer
Final Part 3

After much discussion, and many more ales, it was decided that the United Workers of Siege Perilous and the Brotherhood of Virtue would be allies in the realm. Both providing aid and support as needed to the other when needed. It had been a satisfying conversation and the end result was exactly what was hoped .

"Wintermoor is such a long way to travel from UWSP town. We must have a quick means of travel. I believe I have a spare teleportation pad here some where, and we will place it within Wintermoor. This will allow quick movement between our towns." Magic Hands said while looking over the map. "Indeed so", Piram responded. "Most folks do not like to spend as much time in the saddle as an old soldier like myself. Easy and fast access to Wintermoor, and from Wintermoor to here, would be wonderful."

"It is settled then, give me a moment to retrieve the pair and we will set the magics that will allow this." With that, Magic Hands got up from the table and headed to his stores building.

Upon returning. Magic Hands excitedly said, "I actually have two pairs available!." Tanager responded, "Wonderful! That means we could also provide travel from the Hub in Britain!" Piram looked a bit bewildered, "Hub?"
"Oh yes. There is a travel Hub that allows quick movement to almost everywhere in the realm! A very nice lady, Joline Maza owns and runs it. I'm sure she'd be pleased to have Wintermoor added as a destination.", Tanager explained.

"This is all overwhelming.", Piram responded. "I never dreamed of such help and support. It warms my soul to receive such grand gifts to aid in Wintermoor's rebirth. Indeed this will be a great alliance! But I think it's time we go to Wintermoor and I can repay the kindness shown me here."

Magic Hands, having knowledge of the arcane, conjured a magic doorway that lead straight to the doorstep of Phaedrin's workshop in Wintermoor. Needless to say, Phaedrin was quite startled when an unexpected band of people started materializing out of thin air.
Expecting the worst, Phae had his hammer raised and at the ready to strike any that might mean him harm. "Put it down brother.", Piram soothed. "These are guests, and more important, new friends and allies of ours. I'd like to introduce you to Masters Magic Hands, Tanager, and Nightwind. They are master crafters from UWSP Town."

"Master crafters you say?", Phaedrin said somewhat dazed. "Are they here to teach me?" Piram replied, "At some point, yes. We have just allied our towns for mutual support. They are good folk, honorable and quite friendly. I'm sure you will become fast friends." Turning to the three from UWSP Town, "Phaedrin can show you about his workshop. He is quite proud of what he built. I will go to the Cathedral and prepare a place for the teleportation tiles." With that, Piram turned and headed towards the large building sitting next door to the workshop.

Wintermoor was bright and sunny today. The wind still brisk, but the temperature was mild. A vast open vale surrounded by mountains, save for the two buildings marking the rebirth of Wintermoor.

Phaedrin excitedly said, "Masters, please allow me to show you about the workshop." Magic hands replying,"Please do! It looks very interesting." Tanager and Nightwind nodding in agreement. They turned and Phaedrin walked them about the large workshop area. Built multipurpose for mining, smith work, tailoring, storage, relaxing, and living quarters for Phaedrin himself, the workshop was massive. Built from the very stone of the surrounding mountains.

"Most impressive", Magic hands mused. "This should serve you well for crafting. As we are now allied, the work spaces in UWSP Town are now available to you as well." Phaedrin responded, "Thank you Master Magic Hands. But I really need aid in learning the more advanced skills in smithy and tailor work. I have much yet to learn." Magic hands put his hand on Phaedrin's shoulder, "Aye, we will give you the assistance you may need. We craft folk stick together, and UWSP has some of the best in the land." Phaedrin looked a bit sheepish at that, "Thank you all, this is a good day for Wintermoor."

Piram arrived back about then. "Shall we move to the Cathedral? I'll provide you a quick tour, and then we can see about setting that transport tile." Waving to Phaedrin, the group turned and headed over to the Brotherhood Cathedral grounds.

The Cathedral was a place of contemplation and spirituality. It was also a stronghold. Piram's days with KSS deterring the evils of those times helped him in the design of the Cathedral. It was to be functional for both acolytes of the virtues, and for the soldiers of honor and justice. A sanctuary for all seeking it. Craning his neck upwards Nightwind whistled, "Look at this place... quite grand". Tanager quickly adding,"Looks like it could use a woman's touch though! A little to plain for a Cathedral." Piram just smiled.

After a quick familiarization of the Cathedral, the group headed out the the main courtyard. Almost center is a large statue. Magic Hands asked," What, or who, does this statue represent?" Piram looked solemn a moment, "This was erected to remember my former brothers of KSS. You can see the insignia there in the stone. It is to remind me that honor requires the strong to shield those that cannot protect themselves. To stand for the light always." The others said nothing, just looked on in quiet reverence.

The final decision was that the tile between UWSP town and Wintermoor would be placed in Phaedrin's workshop. It was for use only by the allies and was the quickest route for Phaedrin and the folks of UWSP to get together.
Tanager sent word to Jolene of Gilfane and the tiles between the Britain Hub and Wintermoor's Cathedral were set. Joline spent some time to acquaint Piram with the workings of the Hub. He was amazed at how many places could be traveled to and from in the blink of an eye. Joline was doing an excellent job of administering the hub. The realm had progressed so much in the time Piram had been gone.

Late in the evening, Piram sat in the great hall of the Cathedral. Contemplating the events of the day. Very pleased with how things had ended up. Wintermoor now had access to a central station for all interested to quickly come and visit. Hoping, some would be interested in helping Wintermoor grow by building here, hoping even more there would be brave and honorable souls willing to join with the brotherhood. To keep the lands outside of the cities safe for the common folk and trades people that toiled for their survival in this sometimes hard land. The Kings Guard did merit to keeping the cities themselves free from mischief, but the rural areas and dark recesses were still lawless. Many a traveler or worker, ambushed, robbed, or worse murdered, by the bandits running loose unchecked in the lands. When the Brotherhood is strong, we will patrol and try to put that in balance. Thinking of that, Piram's thoughts drifted to times long ago when the Knights patrolled and served that very purpose. A good day indeed...

Last edited: