• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friending & Giving access?

G

Is there a difference between friending someone and granting them access?

G

Yes. Friends is a higher security level. Friends of the house can grant others access to the house, they also can ban. Friends can place items in locked down containers or on locked down piles that are set to anyone or friends (people who are access only cannot add to lockdowns even if it is set to "anyone" although they can look in it).

Public houses do not have access list, only friends and higher.

-Skylark

G

I use this to allow different levels of access in my Siege house.

My own and my husband's room doors are 'co owner' access. The guests we have staying with us have 'friend's' access, and a couple of people I sometimes make things for are simply 'accessed'. I have a box in the house set 'secure, anyone' but of course the only 'anyones' who can reach it are those that are accessed to the house.

tbh I trust the 'accessed' people enough to friend them, but since it's not just my stuff that's at risk, but that of the people friended, I don't do that.

We have 5 'guest rooms' for people from Europa who stay with us sometimes if they're just trying out Siege, or if they want to keep their Europa home and play Siege too. The doors of those rooms are set 'friends'.

Accessed people can wander round the main part of the house, but can't enter any of the bedrooms