• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friend having trouble with Virtue drops.

D

dielock

Now I know there is another post similar to this one but it is not the same. So please refrain from any smart aleck remarks.

I have a Guild Mate who regardless of the many hours and different characters he uses, just cannot seem to get a virtue drop.

He has taken his warrior, mage, tamer etc. and spent many hours down in all the anti-virtue dungeons. He has spent as much as 9 hours in one sitting traveling the various dungeons to no end with out a single drop. He has tried all his characters but no drop,

He called the GM for help, explained his situation and their answer was "It's random". (Aren't we lucky to have such expertise experienced help?)

He is at his wit's end and does not know what to do. I go out with my Bard Mage and spend a couple of hours and walk away with at least one. I have received up to four in that amount of time.

What could be the problem?

If a dev is reading this, please pm me. My Guild Mate is not registered here on Stratics.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He probably tried this but take warrior to Despise, a fast one, swords, fencer.

Kill ettins and earths for about 30 to 40 minutes. Loot none. Just kill.

Then go to lizmens and kill , loot none. Move around the dungeons as fast as you can.

E

Edina Monsoon

If it weren't for bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

H

Harb

Dielock, for some odd reason, it seems overly difficult to get a drop based on original published information. Higher level creatures don't seem to help anymore, and haven't for a while. Kill ballies in Hythloth - nothing. Kill lizardmen or anything else along those lines, be patient (9 hours should have yielded 3-4 at current drop rates if not sharing the spawn), and they'll come - slowly.

D

dielock

He probably tried this but take warrior to Despise, a fast one, swords, fencer.

Kill ettins and earths for about 30 to 40 minutes. Loot none. Just kill.

Then go to lizmens and kill , loot none. Move around the dungeons as fast as you can.
Yes he has to no avail. I do thay with my characters and get a drop with no problem.

Believe me, we have suggested many different scenarios, none of them worked.

D

dielock

Dielock, for some odd reason, it seems overly difficult to get a drop based on original published information. Higher level creatures don't seem to help anymore, and haven't for a while. Kill ballies in Hythloth - nothing. Kill lizardmen or anything else along those lines, be patient (9 hours should have yielded 3-4 at current drop rates if not sharing the spawn), and they'll come - slowly.
I have killed Dragons then moved over to Titans and had no problem getting a drop. I have killed just Earth Eles and Bloods in Shame and recieved in an hour 2 drops.
I have combined and stayed in one dungeon for up to 3 hours at a time and received nothing. Then all of a sudden I would get 2 in a row.
My Guild Mate has received nothing, nada, zero for many different techniques and hours.
Hehe go figure.

H

Harb

I have killed Dragons then moved over to Titans and had no problem getting a drop. I have killed just Earth Eles and Bloods in Shame and recieved in an hour 2 drops.
I have combined and stayed in one dungeon for up to 3 hours at a time and received nothing. Then all of a sudden I would get 2 in a row.
My Guild Mate has received nothing, nada, zero for many different techniques and hours.
Hehe go figure.
Same here, but not in the past couple weeks. Again, and I'm by no means certain, there seems to have been a backend change affecting drop rates.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Chessy I get on my necro mage and do the despise Champs spawn or the Destard Champs spawn.

I usually get 1 to 2 per spawn.

I know that going to Fel probably isnt in the equation but it works for me... but then again I live in Fel

N

Nenime

Silly question but your friend is really hunting inside the Anti-Virtue Dungeon? Just asking...

Anyway, I get drops almost every day, sometimes more than one - depending how long I hunt there and how's the luck :). I tried to figure out the best way to get one but I really think there isn't any. Just keep on. I'm about to think that I get one more often when I change the dungeons frequently, but that's just an idea.

Basara made a reasonable proposal how to hunt, here.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i get between 4 and 8 a day depending on how many spawns i do and where I end up doing them. I think I didn't get one at a despise spawn one time and was plainly shocked.

B

BartofCats

tell your "friend" to stop dungeon hopping. Stay in one spot and their artie will fall faster than hopping around to different dungeons.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do titans til im full of sh-- err gold, then move upstairs to the lizzardmen til i get a drop. Usually one per hour.

Also, im not sure, but i think if you leave the dungeon, your "kill-count/chance for arty drop" resets to zero...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stay on the same character..... don't shift around..... It's based per character not per account.... so use the same character as often as possible..... and quantity often works better than Quality..... I find also that traveling from one dungeon to another seems to get more results quicker as well.... don't always use the same one on the same character...

And if he's using a Tamer..... You have to be near your pet within a couple of tiles I believe to get credit for the kill..... I think that may be the case for all characters and you can not INVIS either..... you don't get credit if your not visible... I think that was stated somewhere in a FoF.

Hope that helps some.

P

packrat

I had the same thing happen to me. In three days I spent 10 hours in Destard killing dragons and greater dragons. I finally got one on the 10th hour with my tamer and 2228 luck. I wasn't in there for the drop. I was just bored and wanted to kill dragons to raise my greater dragons stats.
I got the virtue helmet.

D

dielock

He has stayed in one dungeon and tried to hop, nothing works.
Yes he is in the Virtue dungeons.
He has done it with one character for long periods to no avail.

The drop rate is the same now as when it started. At least for me. Last week I did 3 hours and got 4 drops. Most of the time it's 1 per hour or so. I stay in one dungeon and I hop, the drop rate is still the same.

Would be nice if a Dev would come on and help here.

B

Bouche835

On Chessy I get on my necro mage and do the despise Champs spawn or the Destard Champs spawn.

I usually get 1 to 2 per spawn.

I know that going to Fel probably isnt in the equation but it works for me... but then again I live in Fel
This is the best way to get the drops. If you are worried about getting raided then just work the first 2 levels at each spawn and then switch to a different champ location. Most guilds that raid will not raid until the champ is out because they do not what to work the spawn. Yes there are times where you will get raided no matter what. But most of the items are blessed and if the are not they insure them really quicky. And if you die the insurance only cost 300 gold instead of the 600 gold when you die in tram.

PS Also as somene post earlier stay on one char...do not switch!