• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friday Night Brawls!

D

Dain

So, there's a plan!

That's right there's a plan! And you're all involved!

This Friday night at 7pm AEST, the Minax PvP houses will be opened to the public for a night of introductory PvP.

The night will be organized and controlled so there will be no unnecessary combat or harassment.

The event will be aimed towards players with little to no experience in PvP but will be entertaining for anyone who wishes to attend.

We implore anyone and everyone to come along and join in on the fun.

The night wont be dictated by dueling or direct combat, there will be plenty of experiences players present dedicated to answering questions, giving out tips and just good ol' "education mucking about".

The plan is to range the events of the night from dueling to QA's, Games and Comps, and as all PvPers love, bounteous loot for all (aka Prizes).

So in summary:

What: A controlled and organized night dedicated to not only the finer points of PvP but to widening the knowledge base and understanding of all wishing to explore Fell.

Where: The Minax PvP houses are located at DESPISE Entrance Felluca, this is where we will be meeting.

When: Friday 7th August at 7pm AEST.

Who is Welcome: Everyone! There will be plenty to do no matter what your playstyle! If you don't want to PvP then you can partake in the games, place bets and observe the PvP or participate in the discussions and QA's.

The plan is to have the event hosted on a regular basis by volunteers and/or groups/guilds. Minax will probably be hosting the first few but hopefully as participation and interest grows, new faces will emerge with fresh ideas and new methods.

D

Dain

Are yes, because we frequently use the houses for house hiding and all, Despise entrance being such a practical location for it and all. The "PvP Houses" entail that they were design solely for the use of PvP, in the terms of arena's etc (plus a few surprises to be revealed later on in the night).

And yes Friday night, perhaps other nights would be convenient for others, but since I start work late Friday nights, Fri evening is a time I'm guaranteed to be home, it would be a more effective event if I was there afterall, for the moment anyway.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alot of people go out of a friday night to unwhined(sp?) from a long week at work. Not really to practical for this sort of thing.

D

Dain

Unless someone else nominates to run it then its on Friday.

As I stated previously, Friday night is the only night I'm guaranteed at home, due to my work.

Week nights wont work for me, I'm home late often and I generally have homework/study, Friday I work after 10pm so I am home until then. Sat I tend to go out.

I suppose it could be Sunday afternoon in the future.

D

Deneya

As a non pvp player, I think this is a great idea. Its proactive and sounds like fun. I'll do my best to be there.

C

Cullyn

Love the idea.
7PM is a bit early for me to be on but if I'll drop by when I get on leter to see how it is going.
Great to see people organising stuff like this.

K

Katlene

i wont be able to make it sorry ive got to do a podcast tonight sorry :( if you want a write up done about it send some info & pics to the oce news email and one of us can knock it up for you

D

Dain

There's been very little organization towards it but, yes it is still on tonight at 7pm and I will endeavor to deliver everything I preached!

Oceania

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It turns out quite nice, I can only came to the first one hour, I believe Shiel may have the full coverage of the event.

We had some pvp games such as 4vs4 where each team divided into attacker/healer where attackers can only cast damage spells and healer can only cast healing spells. Targetting game in despise passage, where a person tries running through a tunnel without being targetted.

EM Aeon was there too! Pity i couldn't stay towards the end, but it was a good fun, thank you Dain (an emo) for arranging the event.

Special thanks to those who came to the event: Shiel [A_A], EM Aeon, Horus [LOTD], Necro [LOTD], Ares [EOB], Deneya [EOB], Anakin Skywalker, Merlin, the condemned, Trump D'scar [MP], Prophet [GIMP], Venus [AUPK], Marcus [GIMP] and some who i may have missed mentioning.

:danceb:

D

Dain

Since there was a good turn out for the first event, and lots of good feedback; it will definitely be on again soon!

I'm off to the snowies for 10 days soon so I am going to skip it for 2 weeks, but once I am back I intend to make sure it happens regularly!

Anyone else is welcome to host it, the houses are all public and if you need friend/co-own for any reason, Oceania would assuredly oblige.

Oh, I think Shiel is writing up a report on last Fridays aswell.