• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Freeze-Stepping

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm putting this here as well, just in case it catches the attention of someone able to help.. :blushing:

It seems the Enhanced Client doesn't agree with my rig and I can't really see why.. There's no Lag when I'm not FreezeStepping and it's all UO; There aren't any other issues with any other application. What information should I gather to begin looking into this?

I think it's related to what's in view as it seems to get worse the more Housing or NPCs/PCs are present. But I'm not sure and I definitely don't know how to fix this. UO has never acted up like that before.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this happens to me too but it only it doesnt matter what im doing ill be flying\running in one direction and then ill turn and it will freeze for a second

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems a bit different though. Let's say I'll try to move a screen North.. Depending on how many things the EC will have to load up I'll freeze for more than 1". If I freeze for more than 2" this also results in my character walking on its own as if I had used the Right+Left Click combination, know what I mean?

However once I'm in that new area and it's loaded I have 0 Lag, no problems with moving around.. Also it seems to happen every single time I enter a new screen, no matter if I've just been there and let it load up, so to speak.

Most areas take more than 2" to load in this manner. It's stopping me from playing at all.

Now.. I've DeFragged, CleanUp, Updated, Scanned, you name it. Closing what very few programs I have running along with UO makes no difference. And it's a fresh Installation of UO, DLed from UO.Com directly.
Running in Compatibility Mode WinXP SP2 and As Admin did not improve things either. Messing with the FrameRate in the Options did not help.

Since this rig has not ran UO before I dunno what it could be. I've got two 480GTXs, 6GBRAM, Intel Core I7 950 at 3.6 and a CreativeSB Fatal1ty. On Win7(64Bit) Ultimate. Everything's fully functional and I keep it all up to date. No Viruses, nothing.